Talk

Advanced search

Lucy and Lucia

(6 Posts)
louyem Tue 01-Sep-09 11:06:57

A good friend of mine has a little girl called Lucy, born 5 weeks after my dd- I am due our 2nd in 3 weeks and really love Lucia ( we were going to use as a second name for dd and she knows this). They will probably see each other quite often and live closeby but won't go to same school etc.
Do you think she would be annoyed at the similarity of the two names? We don't know if we're having a girl by the way but boys names seem so much easier. Alternatives to Lucia are

Phoebe
Faye
Blathnaid (pronounced Blawnid)

loobylu3 Tue 01-Sep-09 12:47:14

I think you should definitely use it! It is beautiful and not even the same name anyway.

Fayrazzled Tue 01-Sep-09 12:54:33

How are you planning to pronounce Lucia? LOO-CHEE-A or LOO-SEE-A or LOO-THEE-A?

I think all pronunications are valid depending on the origin of the name- Spain, Italy, S America etc.

Not that it matters really- I'm just nosy- because I think Lucy and Lucia aren't that similar and even if you wanted to call your DD2 Lucy, I'd still say go for it because it's a lovely name. My DS1 was going to be Lucy if he was a girl.

MaggieLeo Tue 01-Sep-09 12:56:44

I'd say that's ok. It's not the exact same name, the children are different ages, you're not related and they won't be at the same school.

BUT,,,, I prefer Phoebe!!

louyem Tue 01-Sep-09 14:08:40

Lucia to be pronounced Loo See A
I like Phoebe alot too although the friends thing puts me off slightly!

southernbelle77 Tue 01-Sep-09 15:40:04

I think it would be fine and don't see a problem. I really like Lucia and want it on our short list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now