Talk

Advanced search

Help don`t like boy`s name we picked anymore 5 weeks till due date.

(20 Posts)
BellaCullen Sat 29-Aug-09 15:18:12

DS2 is due in 5 weeks and we sort of decided on Nathan but I always preferred Nathaniel. In last weeks have gone off Nathan as keep hearing it everywhere.Trying to convince DP now on different name but he won`t listen and thinks its just hormones and is already thinking of DS2 as Nathan.
I really like Noah now but also like Jason,Zebediah(or Jebediah),Jeremiah

belgo Sat 29-Aug-09 15:19:32

Noah
Zebediah
Jeremiah

or

Jason?

Might agree with your dp about the hormoneswink

BellaCullen Sat 29-Aug-09 15:22:54

What about Nathaniel?Might get him to use that now.

belgo Sat 29-Aug-09 15:25:34

Nathan and Nathaniel and Noah are all lovely, and Nathaniel is a good compromise, it can always be shortened to Nathan.

MaggieLeo Sat 29-Aug-09 15:28:15

Well, Nathaniel with Nathan for short is logical and gives you options.

Don't like NOah.

Zebediah or Jebediah and Jeremiah are all kind of ......... (searches for right word) nmsaa

Jason is better imo.

What about Ezequiel. Zeke for short.

BellaCullen Sat 29-Aug-09 15:32:14

Will keep my mouth shut to DP and see what DS will suit better when born.
My SIL not helping who said `Oh you`re going for Nathan good didn`t like Nathaniel anyway`.Just felt like hitting her and going for anything else to spise her.I know why we never said names before but she remebered what dd would have been.Sorry for rant definitely hormones spilling over.

BellaCullen Sat 29-Aug-09 15:37:25

MaggieLeo how do you pronounce that?
Want something unusual that not everyone has.
Would prefer Nate for short.Have said to DP we have Nathaniel and he can say Nathan for short and I will stick with Nathaniel but he didn`t want that.Am sure will get my way in the end as he`s horrified of new suggestions and he has a cousin called Jason.

MaggieLeo Sat 29-Aug-09 16:52:40

eh zEE kee el.

emphasis on the second syllable
do you like Thaddeus? I know a little thaddeus. lvoely

Nancy66 Sat 29-Aug-09 18:35:24

You're right Nathan/Nathaniel is everywhere -for me it's up there with Riley and Tyler.

I like Noah but I think that is set to become the next Jack in the next 10 years.

Jeremiah shortened to Jem is great.

Jason is just 'orrible.

BellaCullen Sat 29-Aug-09 19:20:42

Thaddeus sounds lovely.Will suggest to DP he`s quite hard to please.DS1 is Michael and that took forever to find as we have such different tastes.
Only started to hear Nathan around now but definitely becoming popular.It will probably like James and Marcus there`s tons of them in DS`s year he`s in year 3 now.

diddl Sun 30-Aug-09 08:58:23

Thaddeus doesn´t really "go" with Michael, IMO.
James, Edward?

LadyOfTheFlowers Sun 30-Aug-09 09:05:09

I have a Noah - he is 3.

everlong Sun 30-Aug-09 11:27:36

Noah definately, gorgeous name. Sorry don't like the others. Have to laugh at Jason!

lottiejenkins Sun 30-Aug-09 11:30:48

I like Thaddeus but it reminds me now of that frightful lady Mrs Thaddeus Quickly in Nanny Mcphee!! grin

JemL Sun 30-Aug-09 19:50:15

I'm in a minority then; I love Jason!!

It has good connotations for me from a favourite book and I wanted it for DS but me, DH and he would have all had same initial...

Umlellala Sun 30-Aug-09 20:02:53

I like Jason. Love all the biblical names - Ezekiel can also be pronounced Ez-e-kel.

Nathaniel lovely.

Paolosgirl Sun 30-Aug-09 20:06:14

Jason should remain firmly in the early 70's, believe me grin

How about Josiah? My current favourite...

ilovemydogandmrobama Sun 30-Aug-09 20:13:29

Jonah?

malung Sun 30-Aug-09 20:13:53

Nathaniel, biblical, not too many around,can be shortened to Nathan, Nate or Nat. Great name.smile Jason is well, lets just agree that it's a no from me.

MojoLost Sun 30-Aug-09 20:16:01

Nathaniel is great, love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now