Talk

Advanced search

Brother for Louis

(13 Posts)
bexincornwall Thu 27-Aug-09 12:35:41

Hello,

DH and I can't agree, we've got 7 weeks to go until the birth of our second son and I'm spending far too much time worrying about the lack of a name (and not enough getting organised for the new arrival!). We have very contrasting tastes in names, although strangely enough 5 years ago we managed to agree immediately on Louis at the 20 week scan. Now feeling sorry for this one (especially as his big brother says "poor baby with no name" as he strokes by massive belly!)

We did manage to agree on Oliver (or Olly) a few weeks ago, however I made the mistake of telling a pregnant "friend" about this - who then gave birth a few days later and called her son Oliver (told me she loved Oliver when I told her our choice, didn't realise quite how much until we heard the news!!).

The other names I like (but dh hates) are:

Jude
William

The names he likes but I don't are:

Lenny
Leo

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks

Bex
p.s we need to avoid 'f' or 'th' names as they clash with the surname!

MadreInglese Thu 27-Aug-09 12:38:32

Leo and Oliver are very popular atm

Lenny? hmm

Jude and William are nice

What about Edward? (twilight obsession, sorry!) or Gabriel?

bexincornwall Thu 27-Aug-09 12:44:45

I like Gabriel, maybe Gabe for short. We have loads of Eddies and Eds in our family unfortunately. Thanks though.

That was exactly my reaction to Lenny (sorry to any parents of Lennys out there!). But seriously Lenny - I really couldn't get to grips with it!!

MaryBS Thu 27-Aug-09 12:49:09

Daniel?
James?

MaggieLeo Thu 27-Aug-09 17:32:42

Marcus or Arnaud

Oliver is a little bland. I know of two families who have a Joseph, an Oliver and a Leo/Louis.

millenniumfalcon Thu 27-Aug-09 17:36:19

hughie?
dewi?

PortBlacksandResident Thu 27-Aug-09 17:39:45

Shit MF - you beat me to it!

bexincornwall Thu 27-Aug-09 18:27:27

lol, we've had the hughie, dewy jokes predictably enough & we're not quite that mean! Thanks for the other suggestions (and for the reassuring Oliver is bland comment!) & keep them coming..

oopsacoconut Thu 27-Aug-09 18:30:46

My brothers are Louis, Leon, Phillip and Andrew, if that's any help.

millenniumfalcon Thu 27-Aug-09 18:32:10

leon is great.

MaggieLeo Thu 27-Aug-09 18:55:13

leon and louis! no! sound liek pandas

magbags Thu 27-Aug-09 19:07:01

Louis has been on our shortlist for this pregnancy along with Felix, Oscar and Alex (if that is any help!). I think Louis and Alex sound quite good together.smile

MrsMattie Fri 28-Aug-09 08:48:19

Oliver is blandarama. I really like Leo. Theo? Leon?
Agree Jude is nice.

Sam / Samuel
Luca
Isaac
Roman
Tobias
Nathaniel
Elliott

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now