Talk

Advanced search

Kathabitha's baby name shortlist

(9 Posts)
Kathabitha Wed 26-Aug-09 09:45:22

Here's the shortlist of baby names I'm considering that I generated with Mumsnet's Baby Name Finder. Let me know what you think.

Girls
Amelie
Hermia
Jemima
Juno
Lucia
Lucy
Matilda
#marke r#8
Natasha
Amelie0
Amelie1

MrsBadger Wed 26-Aug-09 09:51:03

so you really like Amelie? wink

Of that list I like Lucy best, followed by Juno - rest are too frilly and Natasha feels dated

scarletlilybug Wed 26-Aug-09 09:55:04

Nice names - I also like Lucy best. I think it's classic, simple and feminine. But I know there are those who think it "dull".

Only reservation is Hermia - sounds a bit close to Hernia to me. Hermione is a nice alternative, if you don't mind the Harry Potter connection.

Fimbo Wed 26-Aug-09 09:55:09

Lucy from the list.

Juno is the dog in the Granny Murray prog (sorry the name escapes me, as I no longer have to watch it - hooray!).

BubbaAndBump Wed 26-Aug-09 09:57:35

Message withdrawn

cyteen Wed 26-Aug-09 09:59:06

Juno or Lucia for me

Kathabitha Wed 26-Aug-09 10:03:34

The other half said exactly the same thing about Hermia/Hernia! Thank you for views - great to get opinions from those who you don't offend if you ignore them! Our first is Tabitha, so I've also got to get the match right. She chose Lucy, so that's how it ended up on the list, not as unusual as I'd like, but still a lovely name.

Fimbo Wed 26-Aug-09 10:11:45

I think Tabitha and Lucinda sound lovely together, you could then shorten it to Lucy

MrsMattie Wed 26-Aug-09 11:08:13

Hmmmm. Matilda is OK.
Natasha is due a comeback.
Juno is horrible.
The rest are all 'meh'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now