Talk

Advanced search

Boys names

(13 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 23-Aug-09 20:42:23

just throwing some into the mix for opinions, give us something to contemplate what with having one on the way and all...done this already a while ago, but it is a slightly edited list.

Gabriel
Reuben
Alexei
Elliot
Tom
Monty

Or

give me some more please!

Overmydeadbody Sun 23-Aug-09 20:45:51

Peter

Howard

Jonty

Frank

Horton

YouNeverCanTell Sun 23-Aug-09 20:47:38

Gabriel is very popular where we live. I love Elliot, Tom and Monty. (Tom is a name we used, Monty was vetoed by my husband ) I don't really like Reuben or Alexei. Fraid I can't help with any more ... I used my two favourite boys' names for my first son and then REALLY struggled with my second son. So much so that we changed both his names when he was a month old! (Surprisingly easy to do ... bear it in mind if you get stuck.)

YouNeverCanTell Sun 23-Aug-09 20:49:04

PS: I love Peter (DH's name), Howard and Jonty too, Overmydeadbody.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 23-Aug-09 20:49:40

peter - chuckles. Apparantly DHs friend said that to him last night! Must be making a comeback!

Howard - DH has an uncle howard. I also would think of blokey from take that.

Jonty - no. Just no. Well, hang on though....<pauses for a moment>

Frank - just ask frank. I work with drug users and it always reminds me of them!

Horton Hears a Who! - nope.

Sorry!

bodiddly Sun 23-Aug-09 21:07:40

Love Gabriel, Monty and Alexei from your list. Also love Jonty. Not a fan of Elliot or Reuben. How about Raef?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 23-Aug-09 21:13:58

bodiddly I think not to Raef, I just said it to DH and it took me 5 attempts of getting the name across to him correctly, that if he cannot get the name, its probably not a winner!

hulabula Sun 23-Aug-09 21:17:10

Really love Elliot and Monty from your list.

Don't really like Gabriel or Reuben I'm afraid...

How about

Thomas?
Quentin?
Tobias?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 23-Aug-09 21:18:56

I like Tobias, Dh does not. DH likes quentin, but mentioned it directly after talking about Mr Tarrantino's new film. I don't like it! I like Tom, but not Thomas. DH said it would need to be Thomas as he is a weirdo. He said we cannot have 'Monty', it would have to be Montgomery and shortened to Monty hmm

bodiddly Sun 23-Aug-09 21:29:47

I agree about Monty having to be Montgomery .. same with Jonty and Jonathan. I also like Jude, Xander (Alexander), Seth (I think) ...

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 23-Aug-09 21:34:26

i know a Jude, close friend, i know a Xander - like Alex as abbreviation though instead for Alexander

Thunderduck Sun 23-Aug-09 22:32:43

I really really love Gabriel,Reuben and Alexei.

I detest Elliot. Tom is ok but bland and Monty is pretty bad.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 24-Aug-09 19:30:24

Thunderduck grin the ones you love are probably our faves right now too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now