Final compromised list!

(31 Posts)
VAB Thu 20-Aug-09 14:36:45

Think we are (finally) down to 2 choices for each sex:

*Dylan Jordan
Aaron Jordan

Astrid Verity
Freya Verity*

Compromise, compromise, compromise!! We struggled to agree on many!!

peanutbutterkid Thu 20-Aug-09 14:37:40

Do you want opinions, or are you just pleased to tell the world because it has been such an achievement to get this far?

KAEKAE Thu 20-Aug-09 14:39:35

The only one I sort of like is Freya Verity... I am not a fan of Dylan and I really dislike Aaron, its a bit chav IMO.

VAB Thu 20-Aug-09 14:45:50

I don't mind opinions - everyone has different points of views! I am pleased to have a short list but will not doubt change my mind next week...

I think it can depend on where you live - the chav thing I mean. There are very few Aarons where we live - so it's not common or chavvy at all here.

We struggled with boys names to be honest.

Wilts Thu 20-Aug-09 14:53:34

I love Verity, I would have it for a first name

piscesmoon Thu 20-Aug-09 15:01:13

I only like Verity. Freya is OK so I would prefer Verity Freya (although I don't think they are two names that go together). I don't like any of the boys names, especially dislike Dylan.

Scorps Thu 20-Aug-09 15:01:52

Astrid Verity

I don't really like the boys names, but thats just me grin

peanutbutterkid Thu 20-Aug-09 15:09:32

ok... Just MHO.
Verity sounds very (too) austere 2 me.
Every Aaron I've known was an arrogant prat.
Dylan is a bit over-popular for my taste (blush you may guffaw at me saying that, because I have an Isabel).
I can't get past Katie Price being marketed as "Jordan".

Ondine Thu 20-Aug-09 15:17:11

I really like your girls names. Both are lovely but I like Freya Verity a little more.

Sorry don't like the boys names at all.

VAB Thu 20-Aug-09 15:27:01

Well Jordan is husband's name so that's why that is there - it could be changed if necessary. Verity is my sister's name so can't be used as a first name but would really like to use it as middle name.

Why are boys names so hard?!

Any better suggestions - others on our list were:

Dexter
Fraser
Sebastian (although don't like Seb)
Jonah
Jude

VAB Thu 20-Aug-09 15:28:24

Oh and I must add we have ended up with Dylan and Aaron as my OH says 'no' to everything I suggest!! angry

sonniebonnie Thu 20-Aug-09 15:36:03

I really like Verity - lovely classic name that's not too popular.

Astrid and Freya sound very 'Nordic' to me - do you have any Scandinavian connections? I prefer Astrid to Freya personally.

Not keen on your boys's names choices, especially dislike Dylan.

Scorps Thu 20-Aug-09 15:38:24

I love Dexter, would have been dc4 name if she was a he! I would have named Dexter William, or Mason William

VAB Thu 20-Aug-09 15:50:25

I am Dutch and my middle name is Astrid hence the connection. All the girls names I like are scandinavian - Claudia, Ingrid etc...

Boys names just seem to either too popular, too plain, too chavvy or too weird!!

Waaaaaaah... hmm

MaggieBeauLeo Thu 20-Aug-09 17:28:00

The only one I like is Freya.

Aaron is nmsaa and Dylan, well, I prefer Dylan to Aaron.

noddyholder Thu 20-Aug-09 17:33:32

I like Dylan and the girls names are all pretty on their own but too much together imho of course!

maniacbug Thu 20-Aug-09 17:34:00

Love all your girls' names, esp. Verity + Ingrid. Astrid always has happy associations for me too (Pippi Longstocking etc.).
Are you open to suggestions for boys'? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I've got a Marlon and it's easy to spell, not TOO plain + defo not too popular - just thought I'd mention it as it's a similar length to your first choices and has the -n ending too!

noddyholder Thu 20-Aug-09 17:34:23

Jude is lovely

diddl Thu 20-Aug-09 18:49:38

I like Freya, but not with erity.
Like Dylan, but not with Jordan.

diddl Thu 20-Aug-09 18:51:06

Just seen your other list.
I love Jonah, and Jude.

frakkinpannikinAGRIPPA Thu 20-Aug-09 18:57:05

I like Dexter, it goes well with Jordan and when he grows up and wants to be known by his initials DJ is pretty cool. Dylan and Aaron seems to have too many Ns with Jordan (DyLAN JorDAN, AaRON JorDAN)

I love both Astrid and Freya though.

jellybeans Thu 20-Aug-09 19:17:49

I like Dylan and Astrid. Only think would bother me is getting 'Dil' 'Dildo' or 'Ass' for crude nicknames. You really have to think of everything.

thisisyesterday Thu 20-Aug-09 19:18:55

like Dylan and Astrid

maniacbug Thu 20-Aug-09 19:43:54

Doh, sorry, pregnancy brain failed to register your 2nd list - agree with above, Dexter + Jude = lovely!

magbags Thu 20-Aug-09 19:54:03

Fraser and Jonah are lovely imo. I prefer Freya of your two girls choices. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now