Talk

Advanced search

Kiddi's baby name shortlist

(15 Posts)
Kiddi Sat 15-Aug-09 19:26:45

Here's the shortlist of baby names I'm considering that I generated with Mumsnet's Baby Name Finder. Let me know what you think.

Boys
Giorgio

Girls
Jaimiani
Taliah
Tawnie
Violet

tummytickler Sat 15-Aug-09 19:39:43

I only like Violet.

TheHappyCamper Sat 15-Aug-09 19:40:00

Ooo I like Taliah and Violet, lovely names and not over-popular I reckon. I guess you're struggling for boys?

slowreadingprogress Sat 15-Aug-09 19:57:29

I only like Violet too.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 15-Aug-09 20:07:07

Jaimiani and Tawnie are not great.

seeker Sat 15-Aug-09 20:08:42

You are, I assume, joking?

nooka Sat 15-Aug-09 20:13:05

Looks like the finder needs some more work...

scottishmummy Sat 15-Aug-09 20:16:53

use common sense.imagine shouting it in park.dont chose names randomly using a jokey premise

however if you are set on computer chooses malarkey may i suggest some scottish names

TiggyR Sat 15-Aug-09 20:23:49

Not Giorgio unless you are Italian PLEASE!!!!!! Tawnie is yuk, sounds like a made up trailer trash name. Jaimiani sounds like one of the people with bizarre implausible names and even more bizarre implausible lives on Jerry Springer.

Taliah - very beautiful except the correct spelling is Thalia - please stick to it. Fiddling around with spellings of names to be different is just sad.

Violet - beautiful.

scottishmummy Sat 15-Aug-09 20:25:40

Jaimiani too similar to Princess Tiaamii.dont go there

slowreadingprogress Sat 15-Aug-09 20:32:13

actually Jaimiani is growing on me, though I think it should be spelled jaiimmiiannii. HTH?

TiggyR Sat 15-Aug-09 20:40:25

with a chaser sibling called Shaarniqua, natch.

Kiddi Sat 15-Aug-09 23:36:07

OOPS! not been on mumsnet for a while looks like I made a boo boo. was trying to add my kids names to the list of names AND do a shortlist for my sisters expected twin girls.
LOL - love the honesty of the respondents, thanks, just glad my kids like their names! will figure out how to remove mine from the list shortly

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 16-Aug-09 08:30:21

You mean you have kids called Jaimiani and Tawnie?

Will say no more.

Kiddi Sun 16-Aug-09 10:27:30

a daughter and a friend
like I said I love honesty

after growing up with a sensible bilical name it was Tawnie that made me appreciate unusual names, she was from Canada.

And Jaimiani is of course completely made up, by my 5 year old son at the time, as we liked Gemima and Hermione ( yes he was into harry potter as were most 5 year old boys)but wanted her to have a name that had no preconceptions attached. (new ones maybe like 'her parents must be a little mad to let a five year old name his sister', are fine with me)

Also most people struggle to say Hermione right unless they read alot, so Jaimiani is as you read it Jai-mi-ani, as beautiful and individual as she is. oh yeah and confident enough to carry it off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now