Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of Felicity? Nn suggestions too please?

(15 Posts)
Tobermory Sat 15-Aug-09 10:14:49

Vaguely thinking (or thats what im telling DH) about names for our planned, but not yet conceived, DC2. Have a very long short-list already!

What do you think of Felicity? Do you know many? What nicknames do they go by?

FritesMenthe Sat 15-Aug-09 10:17:48

Old-fashioned but lovely.
DH has been begging for another DD as he saw this name with our surname recently and decided he wanted one. I offered him a cat instead grin

FritesMenthe Sat 15-Aug-09 10:18:25

Fliss in a good NN.

differentID Sat 15-Aug-09 10:19:06

I like it. I knew a Felicity growing up and she was known as Fliss.

sweetnitanitro Sat 15-Aug-09 10:19:14

I love it, it's on my shortlist if I have another girl. I knew one Felicity when I was younger and she went by 'Fliss' but it can also be shortened to 'Flic'.

MaggieBeauLeo Sat 15-Aug-09 10:20:53

really harsh. No obvious nick name. nice meaning though, btu that's not enough. I'd prefer Joy.

Verity is nicer imo, sort of in a similar style.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sat 15-Aug-09 10:22:13

I love Felicity. Would use this if I had another DD in the future, but our surname begins with "F" and thats breaking MN naming rules grin

lljkk Sat 15-Aug-09 10:38:05

Too much like Fellatio for my stomach.
DS old teacher was a Felicity. Sorry, can't think of a single obvious NN, and I personally don't like names without good NNs.

LetThemEatCake Sat 15-Aug-09 10:40:29

I had a good friend called Felicity when I was younger, her nn was Flic. (pron Flick)

limonchik Sat 15-Aug-09 10:44:09

I think Flic, Fliss and Lissy are the most common nicknames. I went to school with a Lissy who became Fliss as a teen.

wahwah1270 Sat 15-Aug-09 12:32:15

my sis is calledFelicity, her nn is Flea.

pinkthechaffinch Sat 15-Aug-09 13:04:21

I knew a Felicity whose nickname was Fizz.This was before the days of Fizz in Corrie and we all thought it was really cool

ZZZenAgain Sat 15-Aug-09 13:11:17

Her nn is FLEA?! hmm

I don't find Felicity at all harsh, all soft on my ear. For my taste actually it leans too far the other way tbh, just personally like stronger names for girls

Generally though, it's a nice name.

Amapoleon Sat 15-Aug-09 13:19:42

I'm not so keen on felicity but I love flic and fliss.

duchesse Sat 15-Aug-09 13:21:28

Our Felicity has various nicknames- Fleecy, Flea and Flick are the main ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now