Talk

Advanced search

Girls name to suit DD no 1

(14 Posts)
lola0109 Wed 12-Aug-09 21:06:30

Hi all,

This is my first post, I'm looking for a girl's name that will go with my daughters name.

Her name is Ainslie so I would like another Scottish name but am open to suggestions.

I love Ellen, after my gran but DP will not budge as it doesn't go well with the surname.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

LynetteScavo Wed 12-Aug-09 21:09:33

Have you tried clicking on the baby name finder on this page?

lola0109 Wed 12-Aug-09 21:30:22

I have tried for a few names but nothing seems to jump out at me, we also have a very unfortunate surname which makes it especially difficult!

I love Fyfa and Freya but our surname begins with F so they are out. It took us months to settle on Ainslie, which is absolutely perfect and now I'm worried we won't find a name we're as happy with if no2 is a girl (we have a boys name picked out and agreed on!)

jellybeans Wed 12-Aug-09 21:44:17

Annabel
Isla
Mairi
Maisie
Rhona
Skye

bellissima Wed 12-Aug-09 21:56:48

As a matter of interest (okay there's nowt on TV) I did just click on the baby name finder - starting with 'A girls' - and, erm, where on earth do these come from? Surely quite a number are made up? I mean, 'Aslaug' - er Dutch speakers would take that as the equivalent of asshole (if you will forgive my bluntness) - surely some of these are a bit of a joke on the unsuspecting....

Esmee Wed 12-Aug-09 21:58:07

Ainslie & Elspeth
Ainslie & Isla
Ainslie & Isabel
Ainslie & Lydia
Ainslie & Iona
Ainslie & Harriet
Ainslie & Rosanna

?

boodleboot Wed 12-Aug-09 22:05:36

i immediately thought of mara

Dawnus Wed 12-Aug-09 22:17:30

Ayla
Ryleigh
Rosie
Molly
Lily

The mumsnetters will help you...they helped choose my DD name :D lol

dizzydixies Wed 12-Aug-09 23:20:10

Ishbel
Eilidh
Isla
Ailsa
Lexie
heather
Muiranne pn Mirren
Kirsty

dizzydixies Thu 13-Aug-09 11:38:00

Shona
Shauna
Maura
Morven
Nessie/Agnes/Senga grin

mathanxiety Fri 14-Aug-09 04:30:33

Lyndsay/ Lindsey? Bonnie?

TiggyR Fri 14-Aug-09 10:21:19

I love Isla, Ishbel, Heather, Mairi, Elspeth and Elsa. Have never heard of Ainslie apart from Ainsley Harriott! Sorry, I bet you hate it when people say that!

jkklpu Tue 18-Aug-09 20:45:52

Efric
Isobel
Morag
Fiona
Catriona

lola0109 Wed 19-Aug-09 10:42:16

Thanks everyone,

There are a few that I like from what you have all suggested.

I like Isobel but DP prefers Isabella, which clearly isn't scottish. I also like Eilidh (linked with Ellen/Helen), DD was almost Eilidh but I felt it was quite popular where we are.

But I think my favourite is maybe Ryleigh, although I'd spell it Riley as the other looks too much like Raleigh and my DP is bike mad so some people might make that connection.

Esmee I also like Harriet but I couldn't possibly have Ainslie & Harriett with the link to the chef. Although that could be quite fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now