Talk

Advanced search

Shortlist-Opinions please

(27 Posts)
twinklegreen Tue 11-Aug-09 09:17:51

This is my shortlist for DC3. I have a Poppy Ella and a Freddie William already, Surname begins with L.

Please give me your comments and feel free to suggest other names of a similar style (and middle names too!)

At the moment Amelie and Emilia are my favourites, Eva was dh's grandmothers name.

Thanks ladies

Girls
Amelie
Emilia
Emma
Eva
Maisie
Mia

Overmydeadbody Tue 11-Aug-09 09:19:31

Emilia

magbags Tue 11-Aug-09 10:02:57

I like all the names on your list, but particularly love Amelie and Emilia.

mrswoolf Tue 11-Aug-09 10:37:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cthea Tue 11-Aug-09 10:39:38

I like all except Maisie, which I think ought to be short for something.

MamaLazarou Tue 11-Aug-09 10:41:43

Eva is the only one I like.

daisyj Tue 11-Aug-09 10:48:21

Love Eva, although it has become very popular recently, so risk of knowing lots of babies with dd's name (but you have a good reason for using it, so don't let that stop you). Also really like Emma - it's much less popular now than it was 20/30 years ago, so a bit more individual. Amelie no - very over-used imo. Emilia is pretty. Mia is nice. Maisie really depends on the child, I think.

jellybeans Tue 11-Aug-09 11:04:18

I like Eva and Mia.

twinklegreen Tue 11-Aug-09 16:02:20

bump

teddygirl23 Tue 11-Aug-09 16:33:48

eva for me

lena522 Tue 11-Aug-09 17:45:11

I like all of them... I think I prefer Amelia to Emilia though.

My favourite is Mia

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 11-Aug-09 17:50:21

They're all nice but I think Emma is different to the rest and to your other dc's names - a very classic and traditional name. I can't get past Maisie mouse and I think she would end up spelling Emilia ad infinitum.

I think Amelie (or Amelia) and Eve are my favourites

Andanotherthing Tue 11-Aug-09 22:51:11

My DD2 was called Emilia at birth but we changed it as I got fed up of everyone mis- spelling her name and asking me to repeat spelling etc!
I still love the name and wish in a way we had stuck with it!

twinklegreen Wed 12-Aug-09 09:07:34

Thanks for the thoughts. For some reason I'm really not that keen on 'Amelia' as a name, I don't know why as it's SO similar to my other favourites!

DH is now saying he prefers Amelie anyway so we'll probably go with that smile I'm not too concerned about it being over popular, I'm a primary school teacher and a breastfeeding counsellor (I see alot of newborns) and I haven't yet come across an Amelie, maybe it's a regional thing.

Now I just need a middle name that goes, what do you think about Amelie Eva, too much of a mouthful??

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 12-Aug-09 14:48:07

Amelie is lovely... Personally think Eva as a mn is too "vowely" sounding. Amelie Eve might work but I'd be inclined to go for something that doesn't start with a vowel.

Are there any family names you can use ?

Amelie Beth
Amelie Faye
Amelie Jean
Amelie Juliet
Amelie Kate

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 12-Aug-09 14:49:12

Sorry - just noticed Eva is a family name. I don't think it would be a problem using it - its not often you say the whole thing together really

Roomfor2 Wed 12-Aug-09 14:54:04

Prefer the spelling Amelia to Emilia - otherwise she would be always having to spell it out as people would assume the more conventional spelling.

Not keen on Maisie, as I think it suits a little girl but not a grown woman. Can't imagine a Maisie in a work situation, unless she was a gardener perhaps smile IYSWIM - that is my test of whether a name would work well in adulthood as well as for a child.

Roomfor2 Wed 12-Aug-09 14:55:03

I think a shorter middle name would work well, so Beth or Kate for me.

twinklegreen Wed 12-Aug-09 15:19:12

Yes I had thought of Amelie Beth, but was a bit put off by the other thread on here about it being overused and unoriginal as a middle name!

boodleboot Wed 12-Aug-09 15:30:38

Beth is a lovely middle name. As is Lyn i think...not for Amelie tho.

fidelma Wed 12-Aug-09 22:17:31

Amelie beth is fantastic.

GrendelsMum Wed 12-Aug-09 23:24:49

Maisie is lovely, and uncommon without being weird. (And I know a Maisie who's a senior manager, so there wink)

How about Maisie Beth, or Maisie Lynn?

Poppy, Freddie and Maisie sound lovely together.

battlehips Wed 12-Aug-09 23:50:44

Eva is very classy << biased emotion >>

NanaNina Thu 13-Aug-09 00:36:43

How about Anya?

LittleMissWorryHead Thu 13-Aug-09 09:41:28

Amelie smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now