Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Middle name to go with Sebastian??

(28 Posts)
Jemima123 Wed 05-Aug-09 15:15:45

Hello, hope you can help. I realise Sebastian is a love or hate it kinda name, but I'm quite keen. But can't get middle name inspiration at all.

I'm not a fan of already shortened names (as you can see from Sebastian, although realise it will likely be shortened by him or others) and/ or names ending in "y"/ "ie". No offence, just not my thing.

Like classic "proper" names and don't think I want another long-ish/ unusual one, like Sebastian is.

Any ideas?

englishpatient Wed 05-Aug-09 15:40:00

Don't know why but as soon as I read it, I thought "Sebastian Arnold" - don't know why at all - Arnold is not a name I am fond of! Ignore this!

Sebastian is lovely, I think.

What about Sebastian John?
Sebastian Andrew?
Sebastian Peter?

Jemima123 Wed 05-Aug-09 15:49:32

Thanks for your suggestions. Quite like John (Andrew and Peter are close family so best avoided!) It's such a minefield isn't it! hmm

englishpatient Wed 05-Aug-09 15:52:22

Sebastian David?
Sebastian Philip?
Sebastian Mark?

Jemima123 Wed 05-Aug-09 15:59:26

Liking this, have 2 of those on the shortlist... Trying to persuade other-half that something slightly less unusual is a good plan as so far all he comes up with are equally long and complicated - really not like him at all, which is quite amusing!

GrapefruitMoon Wed 05-Aug-09 16:04:12

I would go for something shorter as a middle name - ideally with one syllable - so something like John, James, etc?

janeite Wed 05-Aug-09 16:07:05

Something short and traditional methinks -
Sebastian James
Sebastian David
Sebastian Luke
Sebastian Carl
Sebastian Mark

nickelbabe Wed 05-Aug-09 16:07:43

Sebastian Johann....

WinomoreTheFruitbat Wed 05-Aug-09 16:10:21

Sebastian George - was the first name that came to me smile

I think it'd have to be a one syllable (sp?) name

BTW I adore the name Sebastian, DP wouldn't let me use it though sadsad

WinomoreTheFruitbat Wed 05-Aug-09 16:11:30

Oh I see Grapefruit said the same about one syllable, and I got the spelling correct, woohoo!

jellybeans Wed 05-Aug-09 16:11:43

Jack
Rhys
Joseph
Connor
Edward
Frederick
Quinn
Lewis
David
Patrick
George
Charles
James
Andrew
Stephen
Oliver
Russell
Thomas
Vincent
Marcus
Luke
Matthew

MissClavel Wed 05-Aug-09 16:11:49

I have a Sebastien Jack (he's spelt that way because we lived in France until last year).

The Jack is mainly, I have to admit, because we spent my entire pregnancy with him watching box sets of 24, and I had developed a bit of a hormonal thing for Jack Bauer.

jellybeans Wed 05-Aug-09 16:12:12

I like Sebastian Charles best.

MrsBadger Wed 05-Aug-09 16:20:23

James

you def want a single syllable, Sebastian is long enough as it is IMO

Jemima123 Wed 05-Aug-09 16:21:24

Short middle name sounding good then
Jack/ George/ Charles are out due to friends/ family/ dogs sadly!! (the 24 thing made me giggle though, I have been watching teen trash lately and have to stop myself going for Hollyoaks/ OC-type names!!)
Liking Luke lots, keep them coming ladies, thanks lots grin

Jemima123 Wed 05-Aug-09 16:28:13

I like James too but it's hubby's middle name (and it would give them the same initials...)
Nope, shan't use Johann to avoid the obvious muso bit. wink Mark is nice... This is great for brainstorming and avoiding ironing, ta!

nickelbabe Wed 05-Aug-09 16:30:01

aww, jemima! that's why I suggested it!
thought it might sounds classy.

[wanders off with head hanging]

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 05-Aug-09 16:33:54

Ooooh - we've chosen Sebastian for a boys name, should it be a boy. We're wondering about middle names too. Pondering between William (grandfather name) or David (DH name).....

Our problem now is that DH has gone off ALL of the girls names I had on short-list!!!! Truly stuck. We, too, like traditional, classic names that aren't too "of the moment" but will stand the test of time - ho hum......

Jemima123 Wed 05-Aug-09 16:36:22

Not sure Nickelbabe, sorry. I am a complete muso, I have to admit, blush and don't want people to think I have chosen names through this too (if that's the right word!)

Don't be offended though, please!!

Jemima123 Wed 05-Aug-09 16:38:53

William is nice CantThink... Hubs veto-ed for us so I'd say use it solely on that basis!

Girls names - can't think of any right now, but we did have a load til the sonographer pointed out on the scan and said she would eat her words if it wasn't a boy (hubs so proud, bless!)

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 05-Aug-09 16:40:39

We really quite wanted William for first name, but the kids are not happy because they think the baby will be teased and called Willy!! So we're giving into child pressure!!

janeite Wed 05-Aug-09 16:40:47

Girls' names with similar 'feel'might be:
Harriet
Elizabeth
Penelope
Felicity
Beatrice

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 05-Aug-09 16:50:59

Oooh - sorry, don't want to hijack the thread! Elizabeth already on my list, like Harriet though... hmmmmmm

Jemima123 Wed 05-Aug-09 16:56:23

No probs! Like Elizabeth and Penelope...

screamingabdab Wed 05-Aug-09 18:36:16

Nigel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now