Talk

Advanced search

If your DC have names beginning with the same letter ...

(12 Posts)
nappyaddict Wed 05-Aug-09 14:33:50

Did you purposely choose a name with the same letter or was it just a coincidence your favourite name began with the same letter as your other child's name?

Ladygooga Wed 05-Aug-09 14:35:47

Was a coincidence and didn't really realise til someone else pointed it out.

Think we'll have problems when they are older and they start receiving mail as it'll be addressed to both of them

MmeLindt Wed 05-Aug-09 14:37:37

Coincidence, it never occured to me until someone else pointed it out.

We have a DD and a DS so hopefully the post will begin Mr or Miss

MmeLindt Wed 05-Aug-09 14:38:19

Oh, and it is handy for passing on clothes. The coats for kindergarten were just labelled C Lindt.

Deemented Wed 05-Aug-09 14:40:13

Just a coincidence in our case. Though am currently cooking DC4 and all the names i like begin with the same letter....

myredcardigan Wed 05-Aug-09 14:42:37

My children don't have the same initial but it wouldn't stop me choosing a name just because of that unless the names sounded too similar like Stephen and Stephanie. Stephen and Sarah though, would be fine.

What I think is strange is when names rhyme. I know a family where their two kids have rhyming names and even though they don't begin with the same initial, it sounds daft IMHO.

FAQtothefuture Wed 05-Aug-09 14:43:36

co-incidence with DS1 and 2 - deliberate with DS3 grin.

anything "official" (that they may recieve letters about when they're older) we use their middle name as well (different initials).

very useful for school stuff as we just use initials grin

mrswoolf Wed 05-Aug-09 14:47:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

myredcardigan Wed 05-Aug-09 14:53:48

I just have our surname on the cash's nametags anyway. Our surname is a long Mac name and my girls are Catherine and Elizabeth so no real room!

KleineMaus Wed 05-Aug-09 18:28:31

DC2 due in about 7 weeks and thinking about a name with the same initial as DS. Love the name but the whole initial thing is actually making me hesitate to go with it. SIL has two boys with names with same first sound and my first reaction was that it was a little naff blush sorry anyone else who has this.

ChasingSquirrels Wed 05-Aug-09 18:31:25

purposely didn't use my prefered name for ds2 because it had the initial as ds1's. But just personal choice.

nappyaddict Wed 05-Aug-09 19:13:44

Kleine if you love it go for it. That's all that matters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now