Talk

Advanced search

Need 2 middle names to go with Anika or Talia

(14 Posts)
CherylCole Fri 31-Jul-09 13:13:34

And votes/opinions on both please ?
Many thanks

Shugarlips Fri 31-Jul-09 13:20:33

I think you need a middle name with one syllable only as you have 3 in the first name.

E.g Anika May or Talia Rose

(Not suggesting May or Rose but they were the only ones I could think of without a babyname dictionary!)

boodleboot Sat 01-Aug-09 22:59:35

really don't like Anika....sounds really harsh....Anissa is nicer IMO. Talia is ok....maybe Talia Faith?

plonker Sun 02-Aug-09 00:57:08

Agree re the single syllable. How about

Hope
Kate
Beth
Joy
Jayne
Ruth
Rae

Much prefer Talia to Anika. I can't think of Anika without thinking of 'Rice'.

CherylCole Sun 02-Aug-09 23:38:51

We like both names equally, Anika Rice was a very long time ago, showing you're ages there.
Thanks for the suggestions, think you're right about one syllable.

plonker Mon 03-Aug-09 00:17:43

I know blush

The visions of those tight jumpsuits still make me shudder wink

TwoHot Mon 03-Aug-09 11:34:42

Anika Fay
Talia Ruth
Anika Elizabeth
Talia Henriette
Anika Anne
Talia Grace
Anika Antonia
Talia Soraya

Schulte Mon 03-Aug-09 11:45:35

Marie would go with both.

KleineMaus Mon 03-Aug-09 21:43:33

Can't think of any middle names but just wanted to say that I love Anika. It would be on my list but DH won't have it! Boo!

hester Mon 03-Aug-09 21:56:26

I love Talia.

CherylCole Mon 03-Aug-09 23:36:19

Thank you both for your kind words, I like Talia best and he likes the idea of Freya's sister being Anika, I think he'd like an abba tribute band with me taking the part of Bjorn hmm

kitkatqueen Mon 03-Aug-09 23:41:52

agree with shugarlips - my first thought was talia rose sounds lovelly...

JumpingJellyfish Tue 04-Aug-09 09:45:35

Just chipping in here because I wondered how you want to pronounce "Anika"?- the "famous" way is actually spelt Anneka Rice and pronounced with a short e, like "Ann-knicker", whereas the usual alternative, "Annika" is pronounced "Anneeeka" with a long sounding i/e. The main reason I feel so strongly about this is that I have the latter name and it's forever being confused with the Anneka Rice pronounciation! I think there are a few variations but worth being sure which pronounciation you'd like!

FWIW I agree any middle names sound good with single syllables, how about some of the more traditional middle names such as "Claire" or "Jane"...

sheenaqueen Tue 04-Aug-09 10:35:43

Hi there I'm new to this site but saw your post and thought I'd have a go at posting! I have a daughter called Tahlia and her middle name is Maddison

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now