velvet
bellatrix
oenone
kitty
prudence
violet
noemie
mabel

My name is Amy, daughter is Hermione - bit of unfortunate rhyming potential in list...

I need a 2/3 name combo from the above

Tommy Mon 27-Jul-09 22:20:48

Constance - the only one I would consider. If I had to choose 2, I would go for Constance Mabel

thisisyesterday Mon 27-Jul-09 22:21:57

i love

Constance
Kitty
Violet
Mabel

don't like Plum at all. not sure why.

i mkight go with Constance Violet

Hassled Mon 27-Jul-09 22:24:01

I like Violet and Mabel best.

jellybeans Mon 27-Jul-09 22:24:47

kitty and noemie are my favourites (although rhyming issue), not keen on the others, abit old fashioned for me but I like Connie on it's own and Belle/Bella.

ForExample Mon 27-Jul-09 22:26:05

Velvet Mabel

Plum only works as a middle name imho, and not with Velvet wink

maggievirgo Mon 27-Jul-09 22:29:57

constance - connie is quite nice but I do not like Constance. Very supercilious-sounding.
plum - a cute nick name. But a testicle obviously, at the end of the day! sorry!
velvet - nope, sounds rude. What about Vivien much more elegant.
bellatrix - em. Perhaps as a nickname for Belinda Beatrix (Bibi) or Annabella Beatrix (Bellatrix) Actually Belinda is very cool imo Vivien Belinda. Bridge chic.
oenone- no, sounds like a sin (the wanking one)
kitty - ok, but not crazy about it.
prudence - NO. Far too uptight and smug!
violet - Nice. Like this one
noemie - Lovely.
mabel - Lovely.

Mabel Beatrix would work well too.

What about Juliet Dulcie Verity Lois Elsa They seem similar to some of your names, in a similar style.

hth

maggievirgo Mon 27-Jul-09 22:31:17

Just read that your daughter is Hermione. I think Penelope would go well with Hermione.

LaDiDaDi Mon 27-Jul-09 22:34:57

A bit tricky to find combos that work well together from that list I think...

Constance Violet
Constance Noemie
Mabel Velvet
Mabel Noemie
Prudence Noemie
Prudence Violet
Violet Bellatrix

I really like Kitty but I'm not sure of it with any of your other choices.

Long or short surname?

neverthoughtidask Mon 27-Jul-09 22:34:58

I assume you know that Bellatrix was a character in Harry Potter - unless, with a daughter called Hermione, you're going for the HP connection, I would avoid!

slyandgobbo Mon 27-Jul-09 22:35:59

Amy / noemie will sound like "amy / no-amy". Constance and violet I like.
Violet Constance or Violet Constance Kitty?

lockets Mon 27-Jul-09 22:36:31

Message withdrawn

hester Mon 27-Jul-09 22:38:25

It has to be Mabel.

hobbgoblin Mon 27-Jul-09 22:38:41

maggiev - that is very helpful, thanks.

It is a 2 syllable surname beginning with T but could use father's short surname beginning with H or hyphenate the two.

seeker Mon 27-Jul-09 22:39:01

Where on earth did Plum come from? You can't possibly call a baby Plum - don't be silly!!!!!!

Constance is lovely.Violet is lovely. Not sure about Noemie - are you thinking of Naomi?

Maud? Matilda?

thisisyesterday Mon 27-Jul-09 22:39:10

but penelope isn't even on the list!

thisisyesterday Mon 27-Jul-09 22:40:57

hobbgoblin- ever get the feeling that people don't understand the concept of final shortlist? lol

maggievirgo Mon 27-Jul-09 22:42:34

er... well, I generally find most people don't mind if you suggest an extra name. Their eyes can glaze over it, or it might jump out at them in a way it didn't from the book.

lockets Mon 27-Jul-09 22:42:41

Message withdrawn

seeker Mon 27-Jul-09 22:42:53

But it can't be final shortlist if it's got Plum on it - she must want a replacement for that!grin

maggievirgo Mon 27-Jul-09 22:44:24

Exactly!! plum velvet is surely a sexual position. So, two replacements needed there.

thisisyesterday Mon 27-Jul-09 22:45:05

lol seeker. i have to admit Plum isn't my cup of tea. might be the first time we've agreed on a names thread? lol

nah, just remembering how it annoyed me when i asked for thoughts on my final 5 names for ds3 and got people going well, i don't like X but how about Y (which was a totally unrelated name that I didn't even like)

it's hard enough narrowing it down from the final few, without people adding more in!

ShinyPinkShoes Mon 27-Jul-09 22:45:56

Kitty is actually growing on me as a fi
rst name! So I would go for either
Kitty Velvet or Constance Kitty but I do worry that the Velvet bit could make her sound a bit prostitute like!

I just can't see any of the others 'going' with the other children's names, sorry!

Did you consider Iona, Elsa etc?

Hell btw!

thisisyesterday Mon 27-Jul-09 22:46:06

nooo, no replacements needed. she needs to narrow it down!

hobbgoblin Mon 27-Jul-09 22:46:12

lol
I'm not adding anything to the list unless by some miracle someone suggests a very unusual, previously unheard of by me name that I happen to LOVE. Got it?!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now