Talk

Advanced search

Opinions please.

(17 Posts)
scoutliam Tue 14-Jul-09 21:15:42

So far (and at 25 weeks very early I know) have come up with,
Joshua Joseph , not a huge fan of the JJ thing but Joseph is after DH's granddad or Asha Ella. No problems with honesty!

tummytickler Tue 14-Jul-09 21:23:34

I think Joshua is a lovely name, it has a beautiful sound.
However, i find the beauty of this name has been lost to me simply because i hear it so often and i just dont 'hear' it any more - if that makes sense.
I dont think the JJ thing matters if you dont intend to call him JJ (which i dont like tbh). I dont think it is a nn that others would immediately leap to.

Asha is lovely, but dont like the combo of Asha Ella, both being short and ending woth the same sound, i dont think it flows very well. I think it needs a longer mn (unless Ella is a family name of course)

Asha Miriam
Asha Elizabeth
Asha Seraphine
Asha Primrose
Asha Marigold
Asha Constance
Asha Eleanor
Asha Louise
Asha Juliet
Asha Violet
Asha Ruth

scoutliam Tue 14-Jul-09 21:36:42

Thanks for the suggestions I think you might be right about the "flow".

LynetteScavo Tue 14-Jul-09 21:38:42

I prefer Joseph Joshua.

I love Asha.With Ella it sounds like Asherela.

jkklpu Tue 14-Jul-09 21:38:51

Great boy choice.
Agree on flow of the girl's 2 names: depending on which part of the country you live in, most people might add in a hideous phantom "r" in between the 2 names, which would be awful.
Asha is lovely and agree Asha Eleanor could be a great alternative.

Tiredmumno1 Tue 14-Jul-09 22:07:17

My ds is joshua james + i never get bored of saying it, my youngest is jake, and yes the j's r a coincidence james is dh's middle name, i am so fussy. I always worry if i have another boy i wont find a name lol and jj when their older is better than some other made up nickname from their mates.

MrsBadger Tue 14-Jul-09 22:12:31

Not a fan of Asha myself - I knew too many Ashers growing up (tis a pukka Hebrew boy's name).

Both Joshua and Joseph are very popular at the moment, which may or may not bother you.

Annabelsmummie Tue 14-Jul-09 22:15:32

Josh/Joshua and Joe/Joseph are VERY popular and I find the short forms a little dull.

Asha is lovely, but agre that it would work better with a 2 syllable middle name.

scoutliam Tue 14-Jul-09 22:17:21

Eleanor is lovely but my Ds has already taken it, can't hear Miriam without thinking Stoppard.
Love love love Seraphine but Dh not so much.

Gutted to find Joshua comes in at 4th most popular on rating sites but there you go!

jellybeans Tue 14-Jul-09 22:42:39

I like Joshua Joseph but not Asha. Ella is nice though.

seeker Tue 14-Jul-09 22:45:25

Isn't Asha a boy's name?

scoutliam Tue 14-Jul-09 23:04:18

Seeker you're right it is traditionally a boys name but I think it sounds lovely and have always had it in my head for a girl.

Cadelaide Tue 14-Jul-09 23:07:00

Asha Eleanor would still potentially have that phantom "r", of course.

piscesmoon Tue 14-Jul-09 23:19:13

The boys names are fine but not together. I don't like Asha.

seeker Wed 15-Jul-09 06:13:55

But if it's a boy's name, won't it be a pain in the neck for her? My niece is called Sam and she is constantly irritated by the fact that people expect (understandably!) Dr Sam X to be a man.

MamaLazarou Wed 15-Jul-09 08:37:18

Everyone is called Joshua at the moment!

lockets Wed 15-Jul-09 10:15:50

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now