Talk

Advanced search

Balthezar

(19 Posts)
JJ6 Fri 10-Jul-09 21:12:10

No this is not my choice! I met a Balthezar (not sure if this is the correct spelling) the other day his mum called him ZaZa and he was wearing knickerbockers and a frilly short. Seriously!! Suggestions on his future occupation??

ZippysMum Fri 10-Jul-09 21:15:45

Pantomime genie? smile

Scorpette Fri 10-Jul-09 22:35:42

Mmm, she clearly didn't want a little girl then, did she?!

JJ6 Fri 10-Jul-09 22:36:48

Oh no he's not!! Poor little thing (he was two) he had a mop of curly blonde hair and the look of a little lord Fontleroy or that strange child on the TV who became an antiques expert at the age of 10 and then a transvestite with the paper all over the news of the world - remember him/her!!??

JJ6 Fri 10-Jul-09 22:38:35

Sorry Typos:

Oh no he's not!! Poor little thing (he was two) he had a mop of curly blonde hair and the look of a little lord Fontleroy or that strange child on the TV who became an antiques expert at the age of 10 and then a transvestite in the paper's (all over the news of the world) - remember him/her!!??

LynetteScavo Fri 10-Jul-09 22:44:27

Were you in Chelsea, JJ6?

JJ6 Fri 10-Jul-09 22:57:44

No. Baby swimming classes in stockwell the class had been moved from clapham as the pool had closed. Not sure where the little Lord was from?

LynetteScavo Fri 10-Jul-09 23:07:18

I reckon they live in Fulham, aksherly - tis the only place in the UK anyone would still dream of dressing their child in knickerbokers and frilly shirt.(By frilly shirt do you mean peter pan collar?)

I wonder where these items of clothing are still for sale!

bellissima Sat 11-Jul-09 14:05:44

My DD's godfather has a son Balthasar. I wonder when he's going to have Caspar and Melchior (?Merchior). He also has a daughter Jackie - only it's Jacobine not Jacqueline. (NB He is Belgian but I can assure you that these names are not common there either!)

RorysRacingMa Sat 11-Jul-09 14:07:40

I think Balthazar is a wonderful name, but i would never dream of calling a child by it - or doing the frilly collar and knickerbockers lark. Sounds v. Chelsea to me.

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 14:10:04

I sometimes dress DS in peter pan collar and button on shorts. Have naturally received the full ridicule of MN in the past. But it looks cute. (I am not in Fulham, or indeed any part of London, but Wiltshire.)

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 14:11:23

Mine was not frilly though, more like this

Kwini Sat 11-Jul-09 14:27:51

That's adorable!

Beats logo-covered tat, any day.

hulabula Sat 11-Jul-09 15:17:25

I wouldn't use it myself, but think Balthasar is a lovely, traditional name.

MrsSeanBean - that is adorable, I guess I really do like old-fashioned, traditional ways...

loobylu3 Sat 11-Jul-09 15:43:52

A friend of mine wanted to use this for her DS but was fortuntely persuaded against it by her DP!

Ondine Sat 11-Jul-09 17:25:55

I like Balthazar blush. Wrong I know, but I have a penchant for names which only the über rich can really get away with.

Nicknames might be a problem (yes, I have considered it enough to get to the nn stage).

Balthazar Getty’s nn is Balti which is a curry & Zaza is a bit too fabulous so nothing really viable.

bronze Sat 11-Jul-09 17:28:32

I thought of Getty straight away.
I like it as a name but think you need a really cool kid to carry it off not a frilly kind of child

lockets Sat 11-Jul-09 17:40:24

Message withdrawn

wahwahwah Sat 11-Jul-09 17:41:43

Wasn't that a cartoon character. I seem to remember the song
'bal...batehezar...bal..baltezar...baltezar...blatezaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr' or something like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now