Talk

Advanced search

Names beginning with the same letter - naff?

(7 Posts)
Deemented Thu 09-Jul-09 09:36:15

I have a son beginning with C who died, a son beginning with B and a daughter beginning with B.

I'm now pregnant again, but all the names i seem to like begin with the letter B, and i'm not sure if it's a bit naff or not. It wasn't intentional to name dd with the same initial as DS, it was just the way it happened as we used the name we liked for a girl if ds had been a girl, iyswim?

KingRolo Thu 09-Jul-09 09:40:17

Two beginning with the same letter isn't naff but three might be.

I knew a family of 5 when I was a school where they all started with a D - David, Dawn, Debbie, Darren and Daniel!

4andnotout Thu 09-Jul-09 09:42:25

There's a family at dd1's school with 6 children, the 3 boys are all J's and the 3 girls are all S's.

Hulababy Thu 09-Jul-09 09:42:35

It is fine. DH and his brother have the same initial letter for their names but TBH I knew even noticed as such. AFAIK it was not a concious decision.

Iy wouldn't cross my mind not to have another name beginning with M should I decide to have another child.

However I wouldn't do it conciously for several children.

JesuslovesCatholicSchools Thu 09-Jul-09 09:56:34

practically - think aboput the future whilst on a letter it is easy to distinguish between Mr b smith and Miss B smith - if you have two MR B smiths - you or they won't know who the letter is for - bank statements etc.

we have this problem. dh ds1 and ds2 all J

woodlands35 Thu 09-Jul-09 10:02:20

hubby & i have names that begin with A , now our ds & dd have names beginning with A ,
we are known to family members as the A team ,

Deemented Thu 09-Jul-09 10:08:27

Sorry forgot to mention that the new baby will have a different surname, so the letters thing isn't an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now