Talk

Advanced search

Any regrets?

(9 Posts)
spottystripey Tue 07-Jul-09 07:56:45

Has anyone ever regretted the name they gave their baby?

If so, what did you do?

I'm in this position shock blush sad.

Meglet Tue 07-Jul-09 07:58:43

only ds's middle name. its the same as ex p's dad - who is an asshole.

how old is your baby?

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 07-Jul-09 08:01:15

yes. Sometimes I wish I'd named ds1 something different. Don't know what!

And I wish I'd given ds2 my grandad's name as a middle name instead of / as well as my dad's.

What did I do? Nothing. <shrug> I did what I did and there's nothing to be done. They are far too old now to change their names (8 & 10 grin )

If your baby is still a baby and not 14 or something grin can you change by deedpoll? If you only registered the baby a few days ago (not sure of timings) then I think you can change the name.

But. If it's too late, then it's too late and you have to accept it and not dwell on it.

spottystripey Tue 07-Jul-09 12:20:38

Thank you. I have two, they're both under two. Wht are my options? If any....

spottystripey Tue 07-Jul-09 12:21:33

Oops, excuse typo: I have a crying baby in my arms.

seeker Tue 07-Jul-09 12:31:06

My brother's step children all had "exciting and unique" names that made them very unhappy They all had re-naming ceremonies before they went to Secondary school. They chose names that are frequently condemned as "boring' and "unimaginative' on mumsnet and are still very happy with them 10, 9 aand 6 years later.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 07-Jul-09 12:32:51

Hmmmm, we didn't use our real favourite name as my mother put her foot down due to family member with same name (and I take notice of my mother blush. So we used our second choice and first choice became the middle name.

I do sort of regret that we didn't put our foot (feet?) down but DD has become her name now and I couldn't imagine it any different.

Concordia Tue 07-Jul-09 13:48:17

If its less than a year since the name was registered (ie if your child is less than about 13 months old) you can go back to the registry office where you registered (make an appointment) and change it. It costs for new birth certficates, a few pounds. We did this for DD at 3 months old and i'm very pleased we did.
After this you have to do deed poll.

grubbywitch Tue 07-Jul-09 13:55:41

I don't like dd's middle name. DH does though so I guess that kinda makes up for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now