Talk

Advanced search

baby registered- but now not sure!

(38 Posts)
thisisyesterday Tue 30-Jun-09 21:20:11

did anyone else have this?
it took us forever to decide on ds3's name. I managed to persuade dp that my favouritest name of all was ok and we went with it and got him registered.

but now i am just feeling like it isn't right. i wonder all the time if we should have called him the second choice name

argh

but then, i worry that if we change it i'll still feel the same, but the other way round?

NotKeenOnFish Tue 30-Jun-09 21:24:54

What are the names?

thisisyesterday Tue 30-Jun-09 21:27:02

we called him Asa. second choice was Nico

lockets Tue 30-Jun-09 21:56:03

Message withdrawn

4andnotout Tue 30-Jun-09 21:57:18

I like Asa

lockets Tue 30-Jun-09 21:58:08

Message withdrawn

charitygirl Tue 30-Jun-09 21:58:18

No, Nico is daft (unless you're Greek). Asa is cool.

lockets Tue 30-Jun-09 22:02:55

Message withdrawn

charitygirl Tue 30-Jun-09 22:14:21

Don't think it's more one than the other - so I shall amend my view to nico being daft unless you're Greek or Italian grin

But, honestly Asa is...ace - really unusual without being at all wanky. No baby suits their name, they all suit 'baby' more than anything else. Asa is quite grown up so it might take a while to settle. But I think you should stick with it!

thisisyesterday Wed 01-Jul-09 08:43:46

lol don't feel bad lockets. I was dead set on Asa, and we even tried it out for 2 days and I loved using it.

but then, seeds of doubt started creeping in. I started calling him Nico in my head to see if it was "better" and now i think it suits him more!

it is true that I am an indecisive bint though haha. i have to keep stopping myself fvrom thinknig about the other names on the list too pmsl

kalo12 Wed 01-Jul-09 08:45:18

nico is getting very popular

mrsradders Wed 01-Jul-09 11:07:33

oh dear i like Asa, but you could always use the other name as a nickname..DH wanted to call our DD1 penelope but i didn't want it as a first name so she is Lara Penelope, DH calls her Pen most of the time, which is fine.
xx

ZZZenAgain Wed 01-Jul-09 11:09:02

what does dh think?

It's early days, if the name is just wrong, why not change?

TwoSunnyDays Wed 01-Jul-09 11:18:15

Live with it for a while and see how you feel in a few weeks or months. I think you have a year (check that!). There is always the option of Nico for a little brother...

boodleboot Wed 01-Jul-09 11:23:17

ASa is really nice i think. stick with it...

thisisyesterday Wed 01-Jul-09 13:34:26

dp would gladly change to Nico, he prefers it to Asa.

The thing I am worried about is that if we change it then i'll feel the same about Nico and wish i'd stuck with Asa lol

maybe I just need to call him Nico for a few days and see how I feel then, although i am wary of confusing the other ds's/

on which note twosunnydays, don't even jokeabout another little brother! grin 3 is plenty lol

annasmami Wed 01-Jul-09 13:37:53

Asa is lovely smile. Nico/Nicholas is becoming quite popular, so take that into account too.

mopsyflopsy Wed 01-Jul-09 13:48:47

Asa is much cooler/interesting than Nico. I'd stick with it!

MaggieBeeBeau Wed 01-Jul-09 13:59:31

Change it to Nico while you still can.

Asa sounds like Ass in English. It's Spanish for handle or bail, depending on context. Very odd. And I LOVE unusual names. Margot, Dulcie, Polly, Bruno, Thaddeus, Bruce, Victor, Donald..... I'm not the mum of a Jack or an Emily. (just to help you 'process' my post more effectively iyswim).

What about Enda if you like boys names ending in a?

lockets Wed 01-Jul-09 14:24:09

Message withdrawn

fucksticks Wed 01-Jul-09 14:30:00

what are your other DS's names? so we can see which 'goes' better...

Just going on Asa and Nico alone I prefer Asa, more unusual and nicer sounding

cyteen Wed 01-Jul-09 14:30:24

Asa sounds bad but Enda is acceptable? <boggle>

scattykatty Wed 01-Jul-09 14:46:34

I like Asa, different but cool

MaggieBeeBeau Wed 01-Jul-09 15:03:11

Wouldn't be a fan of Enda, but at least it doesn't sound like Ass and doesn't have some very strange meanings.

CurryMaid Wed 01-Jul-09 15:06:30

How does Asa sounds like ass?

In my head I'm pronouncing it Ay-sa, is that wrong?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now