Talk

Advanced search

i looooove the name Camilla but will....

(35 Posts)
boodleboot Sun 21-Jun-09 09:48:28

....it be really popular once charlieboy is king do you think?

hocuspontas Sun 21-Jun-09 09:51:26

Charles won't become king he will hand the reins straight over to William so you are safe grin

DiamondHead Sun 21-Jun-09 09:52:07

I love this name, and Camille.

I think the days where people name their child after the monarch are long gone, surely.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 21-Jun-09 09:52:38

Don't know if it will be popular for that reason -I mean, would anyone consciously decide to name their DD after that Camilla?

Its not as though she is respected/admired/a style icon/ popular sleb etc

snickersnack Sun 21-Jun-09 09:52:52

I don't think so. She doesn't have the cool factor that I think you need to make a name popular. I like Camilla, and Milly is lovely.

boodleboot Sun 21-Jun-09 10:01:33

when you hear the name Camilla what does it make you think of tho? i don't want to saddle a DD with a frumpy name??

ninedragons Sun 21-Jun-09 10:03:55

I'm not sure.

I have always loved the name Diana (and really couldn't give a shit about any of the Royal Family, including the late Princess of Wales) and was wondering the other day if I could give it to a baby girl without everyone going "OOOOOOOOO, Queen of Hearts she was!"

NorbertDentressangle Sun 21-Jun-09 10:09:34

I have to admit that the name Camilla reminds me of the most horrendous Sloane that I was at Oxford Poly with.

She was overheard saying that she'd come to the Poly as she wasn't bright enough to get into Oxford Uni but at least she could find a future husband from the Uni by being in Oxford. hmm

I prefer Camille.

BunnyLebowski Sun 21-Jun-09 10:13:14

Camilla makes me think of the ethereal blonde twin from The Secret History rather than Charlie's lady.

It's nice but Camille is nicer.

Firawla Sun 21-Jun-09 11:56:22

I don't think it would become so popular, as Camilla is not someone everyone will rush to name their dd after? I agree the name is pretty though

dizzydixies Sun 21-Jun-09 14:40:11

I too prefer Camille but think you're safe enough as don't think there will be a rush on Camilla after herself grin

castille Sun 21-Jun-09 14:46:48

I prefer Camille, pronounced the French way Cam-eee.

YanknCock Sun 21-Jun-09 15:27:42

'when you hear the name Camilla what does it make you think of tho?'

Used to make me think of a lovely girl from Mauritius that I worked with in a library. She was incredibly smart and studying neuroscience, and she was the nicest, friendliest person you'd ever want to meet (and very pretty).

The I met a co-worker of a friend who introduced herself as 'Camilla, but you can call me "Milla"', spoke with an ultra-posh accent, called her parents 'mummy' and 'daddy' though she was in her mid-20s, and told 'jolly' stories about horses. Eruughhh.

boodleboot Sun 21-Jun-09 17:30:41

pretty positive feedback in general. i find myself liking it more...there is no choice of us being really posh anyway, we are kind of in the middle i like to think....any DD of mine and my new DH is going to be very dark not blonde like camilla PB so i reckon that the image i have in my head of a camilla would be totally diff to what the reality would be....and it is a really pretty name....mmmmm. methinks i very much like grin

simplesusan Sun 21-Jun-09 20:32:33

Camilla to me means quite posh, very nice attractive girl/woman.
I like it.

madremia09 Mon 22-Jun-09 08:05:35

my sister is called camilla and she is 15 now.she is so unbelievably pretty/popular/intelligent everyone loves her *so bloody unfair* she loves her name and everyone always comments on how nice it is.she is the only camilla ive ever known and only one in her school.not popular yet i dont think? but lovely name,i wish my mum had called me that instead of stephanie!!!!

Makes me think of Camilla Dallerup rather than Camilla PB.

I like it

MamaLazarou Mon 22-Jun-09 09:23:37

I am a huge fan of the dear old Duchess of Cornwall, and know a fabulous Camilla, so I do like the name.

Camille is nicer, though.

HelenofSparta Mon 22-Jun-09 14:08:59

My fav too, but unfortunately hubbie has vetoed!!
We are now thinking about Miranda instead...

boodleboot Mon 22-Jun-09 19:11:39

helen miranda is equally gorgeous....i had another miranda thread a couple of weeks ago re a friends babyname choice...

I prefer Camilla to Camille as not french in the slightest and love the NN Milla.

hana Mon 22-Jun-09 19:16:44

is a very pretty name

i wouldn't associate with charles' wife!

luckywinner Mon 22-Jun-09 19:20:46

Hi Boodle, do you have something you want to tell me grin.
I love the name Camilla and also Millie for nn.

pinkpetunia Mon 22-Jun-09 19:24:35

Makes me think of a mad Swedish woman I once knew.

I don't think it'll become popular, simply because the other Camilla isn't (popular)...

People do still name their children after royalty though - we are over-run by Williams and Harrys grin

boodleboot Mon 22-Jun-09 19:26:55

hello lucky my love

no, just passing the time of day with a little harmless namegaming....you ok?

luckywinner Mon 22-Jun-09 19:30:43

Well I heartily approve of the name, tis lovely.

I am trying to keep myself away from the name game although don't tell anyone but I have a list in the back of my diary, just in case wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now