Talk

Advanced search

name change

(6 Posts)
hamstring Fri 12-Jun-09 13:29:33

Has anyone changed their baby's name and regretted it. our baby is 14 weeks and i dnt think his name suits him ( Edward) - I just dont like it though all members of the family are happy with it.
Any name changing stories?

Nikna Fri 12-Jun-09 13:55:26

Maybe you need a nickname for him. Edward is very grown up I guess. That is what I find hard about choosing names - something that suits a baby and a grown man!

screamingabdab Fri 12-Jun-09 14:28:56

There was someone on a few weeks ago who had name changed her dd. As I recall, the consensus was - do it.

That said, as Nikna says, what about nicknames : Ted, Ned, Eddie?

My DS2 is Charles, which I don't like all that much, but we use Charlie. He can use Charles later if he wants

LittleMissWorryHead Fri 12-Jun-09 14:41:30

Edward is a grown up sounding name, give him a little nickname for now...

You picked it for a reason!

Is there another name that you prefer?

I went through this and really wanted to change my babies name, but DH really didn't want to....have to say I am pleased i didn't now, he really suits his name (Still love the old one but hey wink)

hamstring Fri 12-Jun-09 19:18:48

thanks for thoughts .

jellybeans Fri 12-Jun-09 22:54:31

I think it can be quite normal to question decisions afterwards... With Edward, there are so many nn choices! How about Teddy? Or Eddie? If you really dislike it though no harm in changing. Does he have a middle name you could use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now