Talk

Advanced search

Cute or not?

(10 Posts)
LolaTheShowgirl Sun 07-Jun-09 15:24:27

An accquaintance is due her baby very soon. Her and her DH's surname is BELL and her insistance is that all her adult life she's wanted to call her daughter Anna or Hattie (def not Harriet, she says!) but she says she is reaaaally wanting Anna...Anna Bell or Hattie Bell?

LIZS Sun 07-Jun-09 16:10:32

I don't think she'd be thanked for Anna and may find her dd gets married very young ! . Hattie hmm there are plenty of others to choose from.

HuffwardlyRudge Sun 07-Jun-09 16:14:33

Bell is a difficult surname though. I know a Jasper Bell. Sounds like a friend of Tinkerbell.

donnie Sun 07-Jun-09 16:18:06

if she likes hattie then why not Harriet?

MrsMattie Sun 07-Jun-09 16:23:01

Bell's not a bad surname. Anna Bell is a bit confusing (Annabel), but it's a nice name.

belgo Sun 07-Jun-09 16:24:28

Anna Bell or Hattie Bell are both nice. But people will assume Hattie is short for Harriet.

LilMiss Mon 08-Jun-09 21:59:45

Anna Bell? people may get confused and call her annabel? wht about double barreled (spelling??) like Anna-Louise Bell?
Something like tht?

LumpyBumpyThingy Wed 10-Jun-09 19:25:04

I love Anna but then Im biased as thats my name! How about Analeigh? At least that way when shes older and writes her name it wont say Anna Bell but mum can still shorten it to Anna!

simplesusan Wed 10-Jun-09 23:42:47

I wouldn't use Anna as people will think her name is Annabel.
Hattie always reminds of a fat old lady tbh.
Harriet is nice and fits with the surname.
I wouldn't use any name that starts with the letter A as she will always be A. Bell or able.

BlueChampagne Thu 11-Jun-09 12:22:29

Hattie makes me think of "Tom's Midnight Garden". This or Harriet preferable to Anna in this case IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now