Talk

Advanced search

My 1st ever post what do you think of these?

(21 Posts)
donandpea Sat 06-Jun-09 11:35:59

I'm 19 weeks we have sacn next week but are staying a yellow bumb. Prior to pregnacy we had always said two names one girls and one boys they were

Boy Finley
Girl Aisha

To complicate things I have done some more thinking and come up with a few others so wanted your opinions

In no particular order
Boys

Finley
Eric
Rory

Girls

Aisha
Erica

Let us know what you think.

Claire2009 Sat 06-Jun-09 11:37:27

Love Finley and Aisha.

mrsdisorganised Sat 06-Jun-09 11:39:05

Hello!
I like Finlay and Erica, hard knowing though!
I am also 19 weeks and dh has settled on both girls and boys names but we'll see!!

HeadFairy Sat 06-Jun-09 11:39:33

Finley, ok but very popular (isn't it Findlay? I could be wrong though)
Eric, quite cool, could be hard for a little boy to carry off though.
Rory, I like. I think you'd need some Irish roots at least though.

Aisha - I'm not keen unless for an Asian girl (or of Asian descent)
Erica - ok... don't hate, don't love. Quite American IMO (not that that's a bad thing per se)

That's rubbish isn't it? I'm a bit meh about all of them, sorry.

bluejeans Sat 06-Jun-09 11:44:04

I like Rory and Erica! Nice unusual names

donandpea Sat 06-Jun-09 11:55:29

The main problem with Roary is that our sername sounds very irsh and rory sounds irsh too but we infact have no irsh connections.

what does IMO mean sorry to be thick!

Am enjoying your feed back. Thanks folks

donandpea Sat 06-Jun-09 11:58:41

The main problem with Roary is that our sername sounds very irsh and rory sounds irsh too but we infact have no irsh connections.

donandpea Sat 06-Jun-09 11:58:44

Claire2009 Sat 06-Jun-09 12:03:46

IMO -in my opinion

bluejeans Sat 06-Jun-09 12:04:01

Same here - we could not use Rory for that reason (and becasue we had a DD wink)

Welocme to Mumsnet - IMO=in my opinion

hatwoman Sat 06-Jun-09 12:06:44

I like Eric and Erica the best. In fact I really like them.

SarahL2 Sat 06-Jun-09 12:08:07

Please don't use Roary - that's the name of a cartoon race car.

The boys name is spelt Rory - no a

pranma Sat 06-Jun-09 12:10:19

Erica is Latin for Heather so not at all American[I once met twin girls named heather and Erica].I like Finlay and Erica of your list

pranma Sat 06-Jun-09 12:11:42

I mean Latin for the plant heather of course so quite Scottish/Irish

donandpea Sat 06-Jun-09 12:12:04

Sorry about trebbile post not sure what happened there.

donandpea Mon 08-Jun-09 11:14:21

Hi all been for 20 week scan this am our little pea was trrying to eat its own foot. All is well though which is a big relief. As for the names list although we have not found out the sex I am totally convinced I'm having a boy. I'm starting to really like Eric. Though others abouve still under consideration. Anyone else find it hard to get DH to have a serious conversation re names mine just keeps putting stilly sujestions forward aghhhh men hey!!

bluejeans Wed 10-Jun-09 16:50:03

Hi donandpea

Glad the scan went well! yes i do know what you mean - my DH wanted 'Elvis'. Luckily we had a DD and I got to choose the name (I also thought i was having a DS!) smile

brimfull Wed 10-Jun-09 16:52:31

rory and finlay are nice

aisha lovely

ilovesprouts Wed 10-Jun-09 17:00:02

i love finlay ds2 was going to be that !not too keen on the girls names but at the end of the day its your choice smile

SassyBo Wed 10-Jun-09 17:04:43

Has anyone thought Eric could be a hard name to have to have through senior school! Kids can be crawl. I agree Roary is a very popular cartoon about a racing car, would probably steer clear of that too. Finley is lovely as is Aisha, a lot more up to date and will fit in with names of their generation.

mrswoolf Wed 10-Jun-09 17:57:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now