Talk

Advanced search

I need a middle name to go with pheonix for a girl

(22 Posts)
slushy06 Wed 03-Jun-09 13:24:53

Pheonix Is the first name and is staying for our dd as my ds my dp and my little sister and my mum have their heart set on it. I was unsure at first but I have to admit the name has really grown on me.

However I need a normal back up middle name in case there are any probs so dd can switch to using her middle name.

There wont be any problems with teasing regarding the name as dd will attend a catholic school which contains children from all over the world so they all have what I would call unusual names.

Please help I really don't want any negative comments about the first name but would really like help with a simple middle name.

Deemented Wed 03-Jun-09 13:32:43

I think Phoenix Lola or Phoenix May are both nice.

I also think Phoenix is a lovely name too grin

OrangeFish Wed 03-Jun-09 13:38:45

My life is full of expats, we are from all over the world and speak a lot of different languages. Yet... we laugh at each other's names blush

But mind you, although I hated being the only girl with a singular name I learned to love it, in time...

MakemineaGandT Wed 03-Jun-09 13:38:56

you need to spell it correctly - Phoenix NOT Pheonix.............

How about "Arizona" for her middle name grin

gerontius Wed 03-Jun-09 13:43:02

Loving it G and T. grin

TakeLovingChances Wed 03-Jun-09 13:50:07

Take into account what the surname is, so that the initials don't spell out something funny.

Maybe naming her after someone you know or care about.

My tip is also to look at the names on TV, film credits have some nice names. Keep your eyes and ears open for any nice name you see.

Congrats!

TakeLovingChances Wed 03-Jun-09 13:50:50

Take into account what the surname is, so that the initials don't spell out something funny.

Maybe naming her after someone you know or care about.

My tip is also to look at the names on TV, film credits have some nice names. Keep your eyes and ears open for any nice name you see.

Congrats!

slushy06 Wed 03-Jun-09 13:54:30

I am aware of watching for initials mine are a brand of baby milk hilarious when I was brestfeeding. I nearly gave my son the intials c m a n so have now learned to be very careful about initals.

MrsEricBana Wed 03-Jun-09 13:57:50

Oddly Phoenix May does sound good though not sure why!

Fimbo Wed 03-Jun-09 13:58:47

Phoenix Cassandra

Phoenix Lara

Phoenix Samantha

Phoenix Adele

NationalFlight Wed 03-Jun-09 14:02:27

If you want to be really avante garde with this you could spell it 'Fenwicks'smile

No seriously it's quite nice.

Phoenix kind of preordains the no middle name thing though.

thirtysomething Wed 03-Jun-09 14:05:50

Rose, Grace, Lily, Sasha, Sadie, Athena, Lydia and Aimee all seem to go well I think but May sounds best!!

FairLadyRantALot Wed 03-Jun-09 14:15:54

deffo phoenix instead of pheoneix, imo...

but cool name

as more middlenames how about:
Elisabeth
Alicia

bumptwitknocker Wed 03-Jun-09 15:08:58

Phoenix Eliza or Phoenix Isabel. Something with a 'z' sound in it suits the name.

pranma Wed 03-Jun-09 15:12:19

Phoenix Mary
Phoenix Molly
Phoenix Susannah

slushy06 Wed 03-Jun-09 15:21:44

I think you have all given me v good suggestions quite a few names I really liked I will discuss with dp although I will get the final say on middle name. Thanks for being positive and all the lovely names. I do realise that the name might not be to everyones taste but I love it now and think people will remember my child v easily. Now to tell the ils they are gonna hate it but they would have hated whatever name I choose. I had a list of 20 for ds they did not like a single one.

dinkymum Wed 03-Jun-09 23:40:29

Phoenix Lynn
Phoenix Rose
Phoenix Dawn

JoPie Thu 04-Jun-09 11:03:12

Please do spell it properly! Its one thing having an unusual name (I do, nothing wrong with that), but its quite another having one that you have also spelt wrong/badly, so nobody will ever spell it the way you want! Now that is hard for a child.....

LastOrders Thu 04-Jun-09 11:04:51

Rising?

MiaWallace Thu 04-Jun-09 11:08:03

I think Phoenix Lee sounds very pretty but Lee may not be a 'normal' enough girls name for your requirements

Bounty2009 Thu 04-Jun-09 12:47:33

Message withdrawn

slushy06 Thu 04-Jun-09 12:58:59

Thanks bounty for the site will have a good look later I am quite taken with phoenix grace. I am glad I posted though as I have never seen phoenix written down before so was unsure how to spell the name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now