Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of Zach Alexander???

(24 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Sat 30-May-09 22:29:55

DS is due in 8 weeks time and I think we have finally settled on his name! Zach Alexander- what do you think? I don't really like Zachary as a full name but not sure whether just to put Zachary on his birth certificate anyway and then just call him Zach?

His initials will be ZAM, would that be too weird? Doubt anyone would really know though eh?

Thanks for any opinions x

nevergoogledragonbutter Sat 30-May-09 23:08:08

It's nice.

slowreadingprogress Sat 30-May-09 23:49:04

TBH Zach Alexander sounds a mis-match as Zach is kind of a nickname and Alexander is a formal, 'full' name.

Zachary Alexander sounds far better

Zachary is a lovely name but I guess if you don't like it there's no way you'll go for that. You have to love the name!

jellybeans Sun 31-May-09 00:04:29

I would just choose Zach and actually most people do (or one of the other Zak/Zac spellings) according to last years Scotish names and Bounty's last year names poll. I noticed when I looked that many 'nickname' type first names are now actually more popular than traditional.

Many parents use the 'nickname' such as just Ben, Sam, Alfie or Freddie, these days so it is perfectly reasonable. I think Zach Alexander sounds fab. I do like Zachary too but there isn't much point if you won't use it and don't like it as much. The doctors etc will call him that.

Plonker Sun 31-May-09 00:07:06

If you don't like Zachary (I think its great btw) then please don't use it. You'll regret it.

Zach Alexander sounds great anyway smile

LadyAga Sun 31-May-09 09:16:29

A lovely name, I agree that Zachary Alexander works better... but when do you ever ue your middle name in real life?

If you like Zach then go for it, it'll only grate you when people call him Zachary.

audley Sun 31-May-09 09:43:07

My friends boy is just Zak, but he gets called Zachary a lot, which really frustrates her

audley Sun 31-May-09 09:43:56

Meant to say, love the name either way, Alexander is really growing on me in the mn slot

LadyG Sun 31-May-09 09:44:27

Zachary Alexander-lovely

violethill Sun 31-May-09 10:16:30

Prefer Alexander to Zachary tbh.
Zach ok as a nn, but it's not a full name. Zak is just eugh!

annasmami Sun 31-May-09 10:16:47

Personally (and you did ask smile) I much prefer Zachary Alexander. To me, it sounds much more 'complete' and elegant. It will also give your ds more name options later on in life.

He can still be called Zach as his nickname.

jellybeans Sun 31-May-09 10:37:51

I think there is a difference between nicknames and shortened versions of names. I would see Zach/Ben/Sam as shortened names but Daz, Gaz etc as nicknames.

TwoScrambled Sun 31-May-09 12:02:44

Both great names but dont seem to flow well in this format. Agree that Zachary Alexander sounds far better.

hulabula Sun 31-May-09 16:18:32

Really don't think that Zach Alexander sounds quite right...

Much prefer Zachary Alexander, but then I really like the full name Zachary.

barnsleybelle Sun 31-May-09 16:25:16

I have a Zak William. Suits him lovely.. William was after my father.

barnsleybelle Sun 31-May-09 16:26:34

PS. We just liked Zak so that's what we registered him as.

Mind you, a lot of his footy team mates call him Zakky..... which i loathe!!!!

GossipMonger Sun 31-May-09 16:29:04

Zach Alexander sounds great! but I would use Zachary tbh.

Thunderduck Sun 31-May-09 19:18:44

I like Zach and I like Alexander, but I don't think that it flows well. I wouldn't use it.

Kaylo Sun 31-May-09 19:24:20

I love it!

It was on my list of possible when pg with ds - he ended up being Rio Michael tho...

Monkeyandbooba Sun 31-May-09 19:25:16

We have a Zachary whom we call Zach on a day to day basis - love it smile

ilikeyoursleeves Sun 31-May-09 21:16:04

Yes I think that Zachary Alexander does sound / flow better now that I sit down and think about it! We will no doubt just call him Zach every day anyway but at least having Zachary on the BC would give him options later in life.

boodleboot Sun 31-May-09 21:18:12

you could have Zaccheus instead of zachary which i think is far nicer TBH anyway...

thelollipoplady Sun 31-May-09 21:47:27

... what about Isaac Alexander - and just shorten to Zac.

bristols Sun 31-May-09 21:56:39

I have a Zach. He has a 'traditional' middle name as he is named after my father. I didn't get particularly hung up on whether it 'went' or 'flowed' because it was the sentiment that mattered. Also, middle names are hardly ever used anyway.

If you like Zach ALexander then just go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now