Talk

Advanced search

OK. Astrid April. (ducks and runs).

(29 Posts)
minouminou Mon 02-Mar-09 22:12:20

Just occurred to me when sending a text saying "Just wish April would hurry up", as my b-day is april, as so is DD-to-be's.
Just a wild thought.
Again, "Ah cayn hayndle eeeeeet".

minouminou Mon 02-Mar-09 22:13:44

DP has just said "It's the best thing you've come up with in a long time", if that's any help.

diedandgonetodevon Mon 02-Mar-09 22:15:03

Run! Run now and never look back! shock

christiana Mon 02-Mar-09 22:15:18

Message withdrawn

minouminou Mon 02-Mar-09 22:16:31

Yeah, I dunno if it's a bit twee, but April is my fave (cruellest) month.

MmeLindt Mon 02-Mar-09 22:16:59

I like Astrid

I like April

But not together

And I am not keen on naming the baby for the month, May born in May, Augusta born in August...

dragonbutter Mon 02-Mar-09 22:17:56

I like astrid
Not so keen on april

minouminou Mon 02-Mar-09 22:18:54

Weeeell......it was just a fleeting thought.
Godddddddddd!
Naming DS was so simple.

MmeLindt Mon 02-Mar-09 22:19:40

Sorry.

Astrid is really lovely though.

AnybodyHomeMcFly Mon 02-Mar-09 22:19:49

Astrid top of our list - love it.
Not so sure about April but not bad.

minouminou Mon 02-Mar-09 22:23:23

Everyone loves Astrid. At this rate she's gonna be Astrid Thingie.
Which, actually.....hmmmmmm.....astrid thingie........................
Joshing, BTW.

Lulubee Mon 02-Mar-09 23:16:21

Astrid Evangeline. Dunno why, it just came to me. Maybe I'm psychic?

thumbwitch Mon 02-Mar-09 23:18:41

separately, great names (although I will always think of April, May and June - Daisy Duck's three nieces in Disney)
BUT NOT TOGETHER.

Leo9 Mon 02-Mar-09 23:29:58

Agree, the names are a total mismatch. Astrid - cool, stylish, scandinavian...April - twee and english.....

Astrid is lovely but such a strong name it might be hard to find a middle name at all

sorry, am no help!

thumbwitch Mon 02-Mar-09 23:33:16

have you tried Astrid with Elizabeth? (blush as haven't been paying sufficient attention)

MrsMerryHenry Mon 02-Mar-09 23:33:52

I like Astrid. Ms Lindgren wrote my favourite childhood book Ronia the Robber's Daughter. Great choice!

April - was a character in The A Team. Had a big 80s bouffant. Not so cool.

grin

MrsMerryHenry Mon 02-Mar-09 23:34:54

Thumbwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

<<hi five emoticon>>

grin

MrsMerryHenry Mon 02-Mar-09 23:36:03

Oh dear, after that joyful greeting I now have to dash as the computer's disturbing DH. <<goodbye hi five-icon>>

thumbwitch Mon 02-Mar-09 23:38:35

MrsMH! <squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezes and big hi-five!>grin
how are you? looking forward to the Easter choc-fest? I think I might have to go find me some Booja booja truffles again...[truffffles....mmmmmmmmmmm]

I love the name Astrid - was toying with suggesting Selena as a middle name too...

Clement Mon 02-Mar-09 23:44:28

john hannah's dd is astrid. lovely name.

minouminou Mon 02-Mar-09 23:56:22

Thanks guys. Have vetoed middle names beginning with E, as it'll mean Astride!
We have some VERY rude chums, and the second surname in our double-barrelled combo is Morgan.......
you just couldn't!
Although I also like evangeline.
Arse! I think Leo9's right about it being such a strong name............
Will keep trying.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Tue 03-Mar-09 00:16:26

gardener's question time, "and the astrid april has very appealing dark green foliage that will cheer up your winter borders"...

get my drift?? wink

each name quite nice but NOT together!

dinkymum Tue 03-Mar-09 00:19:50

I really like April

rabuxton Wed 04-Mar-09 13:57:12

I like April and am considering Avril as an alternative for my bump due in April. Not so in-your-face-my-birthday-is-in-April-and-you'd-better-remember-it.
What do you think? smile

April80 Fri 06-Mar-09 12:14:06

My name is April and I was born in April! It's a great name, not that may of us around too. I say do it!

Not sure about Astrid maybe a bit hippy!?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now