Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another slightly ridiculous initials question

(12 Posts)
mrsgboring Mon 23-Feb-09 18:12:50

Our chosen girl's name begins with F and our surname is K. DH and I both agree that any middle name beginning with a vowel is pretty much out because they all make unfortunate sounding words if sounded out.

DH now also wishes to rule out FRK (as being almost dodgily pronouncable) [sceptical emoticon] and even FVK (as being a Roman U) [give me strength emoticon] We nearly had a name picked until the V stipulation came in.
Am considering pouting, or perhaps even footstamping, but would you get this antsy about the any of the aforementioned initials?

AmIOdetteOrOdile Mon 23-Feb-09 18:15:19

I think your DH is right - think about all the "FaRK"ing that goes on here. and a written V can look like a U.

And you can't have C because that makes it also rude.

lolianja Mon 23-Feb-09 18:15:58

Doesn't matter. Not one bit.

I know an FUK, an ASS, a BUMM, a TWT and all sorts - all have got through life perfectly fine and most are even able to have a snigger at their own expense. I can remember a lot of kids getting grief for actual forenames but any initial remarks were light-hearted banter and were tired of quickly.

FRK and FVK - I doubt any kid young enough to make a huge issue of it would cotton on.

AmIOdetteOrOdile Mon 23-Feb-09 18:15:58

"that makes it also rude"? What sort of English is that hmm. You know what I mean.....

Tortington Mon 23-Feb-09 18:16:16

i dont understand frk, certainly understand the bother, so many people don't think on.

lolianja Mon 23-Feb-09 18:16:55

Sorry, just to clraify: by initial remarks I means remarks related to initials, not early remarks based on forenames!

MrsTittleMouse Mon 23-Feb-09 18:18:44

My Dad was in a profession where he had to initial everything - he was really paranoid about initials too.

mrsgboring Mon 23-Feb-09 18:19:17

Oh thanks for the reminder - C is also out (this is good because I can't feel compelled to use my sister's name). But then, surely G can also look like C written down??

I want the V name!!!

throckenholt Mon 23-Feb-09 18:26:46

how about adding another name (your maiden surname maybe)?

then you could have FV?K - so long as it isn't a c you should be ok.

MrsSeanBean Mon 23-Feb-09 18:29:36

If you want FVK - is there anyway you can bung a "S" in, FVSK - or even FUSK - sounds very un-rude somehow.
I think FRK is fine.

2pt4kids Mon 23-Feb-09 18:33:42

Can you use both the R name and the V name so it spells FRVK?

mrsgboring Mon 23-Feb-09 19:48:33

Seems mean to give a DD more middle names than DS (or indeed a potential DS2)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now