Advanced search

Bunty?

(28 Posts)
mrswoolf Sun 05-Oct-08 15:26:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sun 05-Oct-08 15:29:18

No.

PumpkinPatty Sun 05-Oct-08 15:30:28

Meh. I don't really like it, but thats just my taste - it's not horrible / offensive in any way.
Go for it if you really like it

MadBadandDangeroustoKnow Sun 05-Oct-08 17:36:14

Reminds me of the girls' comic of my youth. Would perhaps be quite droll as a third name, if you are likely to have a bouncy, confident girl who can carry it off.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Sun 05-Oct-08 17:37:24

Shitehawk Sun 05-Oct-08 17:42:21

No, don't like it. My first thought is of the girl's comic when I was a kid, my second is that it's a bit jolly hockey sticks.

Maybe as a nickname, but I don't like it as a real name. Sorry.

SaintRiven Sun 05-Oct-08 17:45:52

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Girls comic.

hatwoman Sun 05-Oct-08 17:49:22

totally jolly hockey sticks. and then it would be a (patronising) family nick name for someone who was actually called something totally different.

Liffey Sun 05-Oct-08 19:19:22

Bunty is a fat cartoon character isn't she?

Look, I'll be honest, bonnie isn't my precise cup of tea, but at least if I came across a Bonnie I would think, oh, interesting, quite nice, might grow on me.

If I came across a Bunty I would think you were a fcukngi unt ojb.

Liffey Sun 05-Oct-08 19:19:56

SOrry, that was too rude. I apoligise before anybody reports me. blush

FabioAsGoodAsItGets Sun 05-Oct-08 19:21:13

No.

No.

No.

No.

NO nononononononononononononononononnooooo.

It's very dreadful.

No.

Liffey Sun 05-Oct-08 19:21:29

Hatwoman, that's so true, a real life totally what-ho Bunty would turn out to have Beatrice Anne on her birth cert.

FabioAsGoodAsItGets Sun 05-Oct-08 19:21:53

And lol at Malory.
But she's right.

expatinscotland Sun 05-Oct-08 19:22:22

bunty?

look, i know pregnancy hormones can make a person not as perceptive as they might normally be, but there's a reason that's 'rare'.

because it's beyond naff as are 'second' middle names unless you're French or Latin American.

DRAGON30 Sun 05-Oct-08 19:25:37

Comic, nickname, and a dog my friend had when we were 7!!

Podrick Sun 05-Oct-08 19:28:02

Second middle names are pretty OTT in my book; I always wonder why parents do this?

Thomcat Sun 05-Oct-08 19:32:54

An imediate NO as soon as I saw it.
There are very few names I feel strongly negative about.
I've just added Bunty to that list.
IMO, it's just wrong on so many levels.

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 19:32:59

"ps no mention of cupcakes please" - nuff said, surely?

Mutt Sun 05-Oct-08 19:35:21

kerala Sun 05-Oct-08 19:37:54

Please dont. And I usually admire stepping outside top 10 names but that is going too far.

Maybe it is pregnancy hormones? I seriously considered some real shockers when pregnant with dd, she was nearly called Lorelei and our surname begins with L thank god I saw the light.

squatchette Sun 05-Oct-08 19:40:13

NO no no sorry but think it's awful.

PumpkinPatty Sun 05-Oct-08 19:45:48

You lot are mean

raindropsonroses Sun 05-Oct-08 20:16:40

Yep some nice displays of manners as always pumpkinpatty.
I like it because of the girl character from the Bunty comic. As a second middle name it is o.k.

MrsMattie Sun 05-Oct-08 20:26:44

Are you taking the piss? that is just cruel.

nooka Sun 05-Oct-08 20:30:07

It's really not OK. I suspect that any child given a name like that will just drop it as soon as they can, like my sister did with her "interesting" second middle name. But it will still embarrass her when it has to be used on formal occassions (like when she starts school or gets married). The other thing is that although there is nothing wrong with having two middle names it is a bit of a nuisance because on a lot of forms and stuff there is only room for one initial. I know this is trivial, but I hate that on many things (eg many credit cards) I cannot given my proper name because of the extra initial.

Why do you want to use it? If you like lambs why not Agnes perhaps? I do think it is a pretty odd choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now