Talk

Advanced search

Calling MINKERSMUM - more suggestions for you...

(5 Posts)
PonderingThoughts Wed 24-Sep-08 13:44:40

Hi,
We've not spoken before but I've been following your threads with interest on picking a name for your new baby girl!

Everyday, I'm starting to wonder 'has she named her yet' then up pops a thread where your asking about another name...grin

Think it's great that you're putting so much thought into getting it just right!

Given the fact that you like short powerful names are any of these any good:
Dawn
Hope
Faith
Fern
Dana
Dena
Lorna
Celia
Grace
Joan
Freda
Mary
Eileen
Morag
N ancy
Kate

PonderingThoughts Wed 24-Sep-08 13:54:43

Maude
Clara
Anne
Valerie
Sylvia
Doris
Dora
Vera
Ada
Wendy
Wanda
Tara
Tess

PonderingThoughts Wed 24-Sep-08 14:14:17

Page
Mabel
Agnes
Asa
Astrid
Beryl
Bridget
Cora
Drew
Faye
Hilda
Joy
Joyce
Jude

PonderingThoughts Wed 24-Sep-08 14:28:23

I'm still going....

Kaye
Lena
Martha
May
Meryl
Mona
Moira
Pearl
Rita
Rose
Ruth
Tyne
Vivian
Zar a

<<phew>>
Off now to get a life....

minkersmum Thu 25-Sep-08 10:34:54

Just noticed this thread, sweet that you've been following thread! Dp said you sound like a maniac like me (in a nice way)!! He calls himself a mumsnet widow.

I love the names Meryl, Lena, Ruth,Faye, Joy, Joyce, Drew, Joan, Sylvie (rather than sylvia),Faith and Dena.... BUT all veteod by DP.

Our surname is a place name and we are Scottish so Faye *** wasn't going to work, pity as its my best friends name.

The only one we are both liking is Olive and think we'll end up going with that. Its unfortunate that my mum here at the moment and she hates it. She also hated dd1 name when we named her (Iris) but we loved it and went for it regardless with no regrets.

Going to think of a possible middle name today. Joan was my grans name and sadly she dies in April there so considering Olive Joan, altho wondering if we should just pick something we think is pretty and sounds nice with Olive.

Thanks for all your suggestions, very kind and appreciated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now