Talk

Advanced search

Pet Names

(17 Posts)
hopperdee Fri 19-Sep-08 23:39:36

Have you called your cat/dog/fish/rabbit the name that you weren't brave enough to call your baby? or the name that your partner wouldn't agree on?.. Examples please!

unknownrebelbang Fri 19-Sep-08 23:41:27

No, but DS3 has just had a hamster and called it Craig.

Still trying to work out why...

hopperdee Sat 20-Sep-08 00:01:56

Maybe he wishes you'd called him that? Then again, my first rabbit was called Jackie as I thought it was such a beautiful name.. I was 7.

mrswoolf Sat 20-Sep-08 01:11:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frazzledoldbag34 Sat 20-Sep-08 08:11:45

Love Rupert.
Had a car called Barnaby which I still love.
Gerbils (as a child) called Pippa and Harvey
2 cats called Samantha and Delilah
(Sammy and Della).
Dog called Bonnie
Probably wouldn't call a child any of those names, but I liked them at the time.

dinkymum Sat 20-Sep-08 22:58:21

this is probable really bad but i had a rabbit called Millicent as a little girl, Milly for short and now I have a DD called Millie lol she was a nice rabbit though! lol

Weegiemum Sun 21-Sep-08 14:11:49

Our Guinea pigs are called Zack and Benny (short for Zachariah and Benjamin - GPs need dignified names!)

Would never have called a kid that though!

Tommy Sun 21-Sep-08 14:20:57

I wanted Clemen it for a boy but DH wouldn't let me... he has generously said that if we ever get a boy cat, it can be Clement hmm

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Sun 21-Sep-08 21:57:58

Not exactly ... but my brother has the same name as my mother's kitten when she was a child.

insywinsyspider Sun 21-Sep-08 22:05:51

I wanted ds2 to be Casper - dh says I can have a cat called casper hmm apparently its not a good baby name grin

LynetteScavo Sun 21-Sep-08 22:10:41

insy- You DH is wrong!

I got my cats before I had children. Tehy are called Jack and Sophie. I gave my children names I wasnt' brave enough to call my pets. grin

cheesesarnie Sun 21-Sep-08 22:15:43

yes!
had/have
budgie called taylor
ginea pig called coco
rabbit called candy
kitten called willow.

other pets that werent would be/wanted baby names-
pudgie the budgie
carrots and lettuce the rabbits
ginea and piggy the gps
alfie the cat
fern the kitten.

insywinsyspider Sun 21-Sep-08 22:17:03

lynette - I agree - ttc dc no 3 and casper is so going back on the list!

Sassamac Mon 22-Sep-08 19:18:29

yep!
girl cat named by me is called Kahlua. I love the sound and spelling of the name (plus she is exactly the right colour) but could never bring myself to name a child after alcohol. Incidently DD was born the day after we got the cat.

LuLuBai Mon 22-Sep-08 19:48:00

I would like to get a small female dog (Jack Russell type) and call her Mabel. I also fantasise about our next cat being called Bruce. Our cat is actually called Billy.

I'm pg at the mo and Caspar and Delilah are on the list for the baby.

Am I getting this naming thing the wrong way round?

RebelMum72 Mon 22-Sep-08 20:04:09

My sister is named after a cat that my parents had back when they were first married. Although the cat was actually named after someone they'd met whose name they really liked, so not sure if that really counts... but the name is Hava, which I think is a beautiful and unusual name, unlike mine which is rather traditional (I guess as I was the first child, they didn't feel brave enough to give me the cat's name!!)

RebelMum72 Mon 22-Sep-08 20:07:02

I also gave my pets names that I would have given my daughters, but I actually never thought we'd have kids, otherwise I wouldn't have "used up" the names Isabel (dog) and Emily (cat) lol...although seeing as we have a boy, it wasn't really an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now