Talk

Advanced search

Baby name

(6 Posts)
alistair7 Sun 14-Sep-08 17:45:43

Hi All, I am pregnant and due twins on 12th Dec 08, I am struggling with names and if I have a girl, I would really love to call her Maddie Jane but am worried as alot of people have said I shouldn't have the name Maddie because of Madeleine dissapearing, what do you think? is it a bad omen?

clairebear88 Sun 14-Sep-08 19:01:29

hi

congerats on your twins i bet your excited
my fave names are below if it helps

Ryan
Samuel
Oliver
Liam

Abigail
Phoebe
Isobel
Caitlyn
Amy

I think Maddie is a gorgeous name and was on my list but cousin has just used it. I think go with it as with as its special to you so there will be no bad omen
x

Megglevache Sun 14-Sep-08 19:04:42

Maddie is a lovely name, don't worry about the connections. Didn't stop babies being called Fred (west)or Jack (ripper)did it?
Rubbish examples I grant you.

Congratulations BTW.

ethanchristopher Sun 14-Sep-08 19:06:33

call her maddie, tis your child. and isnt an omen

TheNaughtiestGirlIsaMonitor Mon 15-Sep-08 18:02:39

I think it will mean that the name is left aside for a few years, before it creeps back again.

But in 15 yrs time, nobody will think instantly of Madeleine McCann, and your Madeleine will have a classic but unusual name.

lotsoflovelychocolate Mon 15-Sep-08 19:28:13

Nothing wrong or bad omenish about calling her Maddie. If it's the name you love use it! After all people haven't stopped using Jessica or Holly or Jamie etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now