Talk

Advanced search

Need help with girls name!

(15 Posts)
QQQ Thu 28-Aug-08 21:35:10

Having a last minute wobble on the girls name we've picked.

For ages I liked Lucy/Lucie Elisabeth but more recently we've both been set on Tess Elisabeth however now I'm toying with Darcey Elisabeth and am just going round in circles! Darcey is what we would have called ds had he been a girl. I also love the names Kitty and Eliza but don't think i'm brave enough to go for Kitty as a first name and dh isn't overly keen on Eliza.

Any opinions on the names and possible combinations appreciated!

Hulababy Thu 28-Aug-08 21:37:07

Of the threee I prefer Lucie Elizabeth personally.

hatrick Thu 28-Aug-08 21:40:42

Message withdrawn

hf128219 Thu 28-Aug-08 21:41:12

Well if you love Kitty (and your dh does too by the sound of it) - go for it. It is a lovely name. Kitty Eliza?

yogabird Thu 28-Aug-08 21:44:25

Why not put Catherine on the birth certificate and then simply call her Kitty, then there's an escape route. fwiw I love Kitty adn dd2 often calls herself this, my dd's know that they would be Kitty & Meg if I were to name them again and they quite like that!grin

mellyonion Thu 28-Aug-08 21:44:27

how about elizabeth as a first name...can be shortened to lots of lovely things...eliza being one of them!

mellyonion Thu 28-Aug-08 21:45:26

but i do love kitty as well...i thnk its great in its own right!

reginaphilangy Thu 28-Aug-08 21:45:41

I love Lucy. Gorgeous name. And Elizabeth is my all time favourite name so Lucy Elizabeth gets my vote grin

Actually i like all your suggestions, the least favourite being Darcey.

If you're not sure on Kitty as a first name, how about Katherine on her birth certificate with Kitty as her nn?

mumbot Thu 28-Aug-08 21:47:33

They all sound lovely, you have great taste.

I would recommend waiting until you meet your baby to decide, one name may just seem right.

xx

hatrick Thu 28-Aug-08 21:50:54

Message withdrawn

funnypeculiar Thu 28-Aug-08 21:53:18

I like them all (except Darcey) - lovely classic names. Agree that this could be one where you wait & see (dd's name changed after 2 hours, as dh was convinced she so obviously wasn't xxxxx. He was quite right smile

hatrick Thu 28-Aug-08 21:55:03

Message withdrawn

NotAnOtter Thu 28-Aug-08 21:55:44

Tess is delightful and i know two lovely teen Tess/Tessa's

3andnomore Fri 29-Aug-08 09:46:11

I love the name Darcey...and Darcey Elisabeth is a great name

but, tbh....also think Lucy Elisabeth is well cute.
Personally prefer Tessa over Tess...but Tessa Elisabeth...not sure if that rolls of the tongue that easily....

Kitty is lovely, too and Eliza is utterly gorgeous, too....what mn would you use for Eliza?

( I am no help am I, lol)

funnypeculiar Fri 29-Aug-08 11:29:05

smile She was nearly Amelie, hatrick.
Which I am afraid to confess was my idea - I blame pg hormones, as I really don't like it now.
Luckily, dh is a very sensible man, & was very convincing. I should remember to listen to him more often. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now