Talk

Advanced search

Baby number 4 and ideas for names

(24 Posts)
Vian Mon 18-Aug-08 19:40:25

We are a long way off yet and don't know the sex but can't think of any names at all. We are drawing a total blank.

Our children are Noah, Abigail and Luke so we need something to go with that. If anyone has any suggestions we would appreciate it.

Reginaphilangy Mon 18-Aug-08 19:52:15

Boys

Joseph
Thomas
Daniel
Matthew

Girls

Catherine/Katherine
Elizabeth
Samantha
Jennif er

Good luck

BlueBumedFly Mon 18-Aug-08 19:52:34

Hello, I always answer these threads as I love our DD3's name. We called her Clementine. I know there have been various threads that this is either too poncy or too old but we love it. Our second choice was Connie which I am now secretly saving just in case we have another. Her middle name is Mae.

I love the name Noah btw.

madcol Mon 18-Aug-08 19:54:19

You have an biblical leaning. Is that deliberate?

Vian Mon 18-Aug-08 19:56:57

No it's not deliberate. We are the most nonreligious people there are. DH likes biblical names but we are not really bothered as long as number 4 has a name that sounds okay with the others.

Thanks for the replies. I love Clementine but that wouldn't mathc our surname!!

loler Mon 18-Aug-08 20:17:44

Seth - goes with your other names. I wish I'd found it for my ds2.

Don't envy you trying to find a 4th name! Good luck with dc4.

collision Mon 18-Aug-08 20:19:43

Lydia

Leah

Joanna

Matthew

Joshua

Benjamin

BlueBumedFly Mon 18-Aug-08 20:32:30

OOOhhh Loler, I love Seth! What a great name, that might have to be pitched against Stanley if we have another little darling one grace our family.

lostinfrance Mon 18-Aug-08 20:37:58

Message withdrawn

findtheriver Mon 18-Aug-08 20:40:02

I think having gone with Biblical names for 3, you'd do well to stick with the theme. Doesn't matter whether you are 'religious'or not - most Biblical names have beautiful meanings and (obviously!) a long history.
How's about
Martha
Esther
Naomi
Jacob
Zachary
Samuel

hatrick Mon 18-Aug-08 23:17:19

Message withdrawn

Vian Mon 25-Aug-08 07:29:16

Okay so we decided to stick with the biblical theme and came up with the biblical baby boy name Asher.

What do you guys think?

I think it goes with the other kids' names and it goes with our surname. I really liked Thomas and James but DH vetoed them as first names.

Weegiemum Mon 25-Aug-08 08:33:22

Boys:
Daniel
Matthew
Jonathan
Lewis
Jacob
Andrew

Girls:
Rachel
Louise
Katherine
Rebecca /Rebekah
Judith
Sarah

Weegiemum Mon 25-Aug-08 08:35:53

Didn't see your last post.

Asher is nice - but very unusual compared to the other ones you have chosen
It means 'happy' or 'blessed' in Hebrew (from the footnote in my Bible).
It would stand out a bit though!

3andnomore Tue 26-Aug-08 00:11:49

Boys:
Aaron
Jacob
Joseph
Daniel
Mathew
Gabriel

Girls:
Rebecca
Rachel
Theresa
Sarah
Han nah

LittlePushka Tue 26-Aug-08 00:27:56

Saul
Faith

choosyfloosy Tue 26-Aug-08 00:32:51

think Asher is completely fantastic. Are you thinking this for both a boy and a girl?

If for boy only, then for girls -
Tamar
Susanna
Miriam
Ruth

Vian Tue 26-Aug-08 12:22:50

yeah thinking girls names as well.

I like Mary, Lilly, Lilla, Rebecca, Bethany, Anna and Catherine/Katie/Caitlyn etc. Dh isn't so sure. Also like Emma and Emmeline. Dh likes Emily and Hannah.

For a boy I am getting stuck on Asher. It is really the only name we can agree on (DH vetoes everything as he can always think of someone with that name, (Luke was a compromise name).

If I had my way it would be Thomas or James but it looks like we are going with Asher. The only other one "D"H will consider is Elijah.

I think the name Asher is like Noah was 10 years ago very rare and old biblical but becoming much more common. When I called my eldest Noah people were all saying OMG WTF? But now there are loads of Noahs about.

Vian Tue 26-Aug-08 12:23:38

Oh like Miriam and Ruth, very pretty.

periselene Tue 26-Aug-08 12:24:10

Leonie
or
Owen

periselene Tue 26-Aug-08 12:25:05

Martha
or
Joseph

PookiePodgeandTubs Tue 26-Aug-08 12:44:41

For a girl, I think Lydia, Susannah, Ruth, Naomi or Jemima would fit in really well, same style and really pretty all of them. Also Martha.

For a boy, Reuben, Saul or Dominic.

MissPitstop Tue 26-Aug-08 16:25:37

If you are going for a biblical theme I would go for Talitha it means little girl in Hebrew. Jesus says Talitha Koum which means little girl stand up. I have loved it since I heard it in RE when at school but as yet we dont have a little girl!

Vian Wed 03-Sep-08 21:31:35

I think I like Taliah for a girl rather than Talitha and Asher for a boy. It all fits in with the hebrew theme anyways.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now