Talk

Advanced search

Stuck in a rut over names..help?

(9 Posts)
goodie2shoes Wed 13-Aug-08 15:27:15

OK, I have 2 children, Emily and Evan. Coincidence they are both "E".
On finding out a boy this time, we looked in name book at boys and I like Elliot and it has kinda stuck!!!

Person on Radio 4 recently gave advice on naming children and said
1)Dont try to be clever
2)Dont choose unusual spelling
3)Wait until you see the baby before commiting.

Is it daft to all have same initials?

RubyRioja Wed 13-Aug-08 15:41:12

Sounds OK to me and surely you don't commit until you register birth?

Raahh Wed 13-Aug-08 19:48:50

I have an Elliot- it is fab!!! Hardly any around , but not why i chose it. And know a family of 5 who all had 's' names, it's a talking point, but nothing more. Go with Elliot!!

Raahh Wed 13-Aug-08 19:50:07

Be prepared for very diverse spellings- i.e Eliot, Elliott (is it only me who assumed spelt like that it would be a surname?). smile

Stars22 Wed 13-Aug-08 20:23:57

I knew a family with 5 girls all starting with K (Kelly,Kirsty,Kerry,Katherine and cant remember the other one) i thought it was a bit silly because when they were teenagers they would never be able to get their own post if it said Miss K ***. But i suppose if they are not all the same sex its not the same.

3andnomore Wed 13-Aug-08 20:25:57

Nice names...however, could cause a problem in the future, i.e. who will the letter for Mr E. soandso be for....

Raahh Wed 13-Aug-08 20:46:06

Have your dcs got middle initials, goodie? if so, i don't really think the post issue will be a prob, if you make a point of using them.

goodie2shoes Wed 13-Aug-08 22:08:34

thanks for feedback. will think of middle names now!

chandellina Fri 15-Aug-08 21:15:01

my brother's first three all had the same initial (same as his and his wife's and the dog's). Thankfully they stopped the madness for numbers four and five.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now