Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

7 wk countdown shortlist

(12 Posts)
Eleta Sun 03-Aug-08 18:30:23

Fortunately only 7 weeks left to debate the name issue and I must admit I am fed up with thinking about it now so I apologise to any of you who are sick of hearing from me wink

I don't know what I am having and it would have made it easier if I did. We only have one boys name so that makes life simple but we have a few girls names.

Any thoughts please on what works with dd1 Charlotte and dd2 Molly and just general thoughts on my choices. I won't be offended, just interesting to hear from people who don't know me and so can be honest.

Alice, Constance, Harriet or Matilda

LaDiDaDi Sun 03-Aug-08 18:36:19

Oh, I like all of those choices so no real help!

babyOcho Sun 03-Aug-08 18:37:05

I like Alice.

Not keen on Harriet/Hattie.

ruddynorah Sun 03-Aug-08 18:37:46

i have a matilda and am planning on alice for the second one.

GreatGooglyMoogly Sun 03-Aug-08 18:49:12

Alice

hw2004 Sun 03-Aug-08 20:31:59

Alice

Not so keen on Matilda or Constance and you can't have Harriet as you would be stealing my name even though i'll never use it now - lol

hw2004 Sun 03-Aug-08 20:32:26

oh and what about your boy's list or still on Harry?

chatname Sun 03-Aug-08 22:12:25

Alice!

loobylu3 Sun 03-Aug-08 22:57:13

I like all of your possible names. My 2 favourites would b Alice and Matilda. I have a sister called Alice and have always liked this name. Also really like Matilda and am considering myself. I also think that these 2 go best with those of your dds.

Eleta Mon 04-Aug-08 07:55:51

Still on Harry for boy. We just can't agree on anything else. Harriet was on shortlist with dd2.

Think I have decided against Constance, may use as middle name though.

I seem to get really mixed reactions to Matilda in RL. People either love it or hate it. I really love it. Most seem to like Alice.

DH also likes Penny, what do you think? (He doesn't like Penelope though, so thats out)

fanella Mon 04-Aug-08 07:57:47

I Like Alice and Matilda, not so keen on Penny.

belgo Mon 04-Aug-08 07:58:55

I don't like Costance. The other are lovely. I like Penny as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: