Talk

Advanced search

Mack-Max-Cormac - HELP

(3 Posts)
chandellina Sun 03-Aug-08 15:54:31

Hi, i'm in need of last minute help on baby's name. This question was basically in my earlier thread on Max - a cop out? - but I'm just looking to wrap things up now with Mack vs. Max vs. Cormac(k)/Mack

We are leaning toward Mack for baby's day to day name. Is this too unusual or strange sounding? His surname is Mitchell. I know not everyone likes the M-M alliteration thing, but for us that is a positive.

Middle name is my surname - Patrick.

To add to baby's options if he hates Mack (or becomes a big fatty and is called Big Mac - LOL), we could call him Cormac/k (with our without k??) Then he could use Corey, etc.

Cormac is probably my personal preference for the birth certificate, because i like more traditional names and options. DH would be happy with just Mack, i think, though the Cormac idea grew from our shared love of the American author Cormac McCarthy.

Thirdly, should we just ditch the whole Mack thing and settle for the more well-known Max??

Baby looks more like a Mack to us but we don't want to saddle him with a pain in the butt name.

Thanks to all!! baby now 5 days old ... blush

suwoo Sun 03-Aug-08 16:07:38

I know someone who names their DS Mac. Out of the options you have given, I would say Cormac and then you can call him Mac/Mack. He is your DS- your decision. Oh and congratulations.

belgo Sun 03-Aug-08 16:11:10

I wouldn't go for Mack as a main name, that's a little odd.

I like Cormac and Max.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now