Talk

Advanced search

Shocking /cruel baby names!!

(9 Posts)
Bluebutterfly Thu 24-Jul-08 15:07:00

here

Ok I thought that the odd baby name suggestion that cropped up on MN was "out there", but this makes puts it all into perspective...

"Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii" is a sentence (in both senses of the word), NOT a name.

shock

Bluebutterfly Thu 24-Jul-08 15:08:15

"this puts it all into perspective" (the shock was affecting my typing ability - that is my excuse anyway)

ilovemydog Thu 24-Jul-08 15:08:29

Went to an all girls school and there was a girl named, 'Michael' shock

Seemed cruel to me...

janeite Thu 24-Jul-08 15:09:01

I read this earlier and thought "ooh must start a thread on MN about that" - you beat me to it!

Bluebutterfly Thu 24-Jul-08 15:10:50

Some of the rejected names were absolutely unbelievable, but worse, some of the allowed names were very, very questionable. "Violence"???

lilyloo Thu 24-Jul-08 15:15:35

where as number 16 bus shelter is perfectly fine hmm

Bluebutterfly Thu 24-Jul-08 15:36:03

Well, yes... all of the allowed names were very, very questionable. Twins called Benson and Hedges????

EachPeachPearMum Thu 24-Jul-08 16:20:49

Ilovemydog -I wanted to be called Michael when I was younger- its so much better than my actual name, and my parents had been goign to call it me if I'd been a boy... too bad they called my younger brother Michael sad

I am astonished they accepted Violence, but rejected Stallion- at least Stallion isn't offensive.

Evelynsmum Thu 24-Jul-08 20:25:51

And they didn't even mention 4real which I thought was a very dodgy NZ name...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now