Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Shocking /cruel baby names!!

(9 Posts)
Bluebutterfly Thu 24-Jul-08 15:07:00

here

Ok I thought that the odd baby name suggestion that cropped up on MN was "out there", but this makes puts it all into perspective...

"Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii" is a sentence (in both senses of the word), NOT a name.

shock

Bluebutterfly Thu 24-Jul-08 15:08:15

"this puts it all into perspective" (the shock was affecting my typing ability - that is my excuse anyway)

ilovemydog Thu 24-Jul-08 15:08:29

Went to an all girls school and there was a girl named, 'Michael' shock

Seemed cruel to me...

janeite Thu 24-Jul-08 15:09:01

I read this earlier and thought "ooh must start a thread on MN about that" - you beat me to it!

Bluebutterfly Thu 24-Jul-08 15:10:50

Some of the rejected names were absolutely unbelievable, but worse, some of the allowed names were very, very questionable. "Violence"???

lilyloo Thu 24-Jul-08 15:15:35

where as number 16 bus shelter is perfectly fine hmm

Bluebutterfly Thu 24-Jul-08 15:36:03

Well, yes... all of the allowed names were very, very questionable. Twins called Benson and Hedges????

EachPeachPearMum Thu 24-Jul-08 16:20:49

Ilovemydog -I wanted to be called Michael when I was younger- its so much better than my actual name, and my parents had been goign to call it me if I'd been a boy... too bad they called my younger brother Michael sad

I am astonished they accepted Violence, but rejected Stallion- at least Stallion isn't offensive.

Evelynsmum Thu 24-Jul-08 20:25:51

And they didn't even mention 4real which I thought was a very dodgy NZ name...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: