Talk

Advanced search

[shock] MiL likes Rufus!!

(17 Posts)
VictorianSqualor Sat 19-Jul-08 21:25:53

For her next dog, but I want it for my next baby!!
It's a race to the finish!

Raahh Sat 19-Jul-08 21:44:33

i love the name Rufus!

(But AM NOT EVER EVER HAVING ANOTHER BABY!scowls at dh).

grin

not even getting a dog

lol!

TillyScoutsmum Sat 19-Jul-08 21:46:15

I love Rufus as well - but my mum called her cat Rufus....

VictorianSqualor Sat 19-Jul-08 21:49:07

I'm 'allowed' one more child.
We are going to ttc in 6 months, MiL said today when her dog dies (he is 16(?) now) she will name a dog Rufus, I went 'noooooooooo, I want that name for a baby!! Your dogs already made me veto Ben and Charlie!!'

Raahh Sat 19-Jul-08 21:58:40

maybe she could get a girlie dog...

moodlumthehoodlum Sat 19-Jul-08 22:01:33

I love rufus.

I asked dh if we could have another baby and call it either rufus or nancy, and he say nooooooooooo. sad

VictorianSqualor Sat 19-Jul-08 22:03:48

Just my luck she'll get a girl too and call it Suzy (Susannah is our choice for a girl)

4madboys Sat 19-Jul-08 22:04:37

ds4 was almost called Rufus, but it didnt seem to quite 'fit' him, so he is a Rudi instead, i still really like Rufus tho

good luck with your race

PInkyminkyohnooo Sat 19-Jul-08 22:06:03

Rufus is a fab name. I once knew a very lovely RUfus he had lots of very dark red hair..sigh......but I'm having anoother girl, so not suitable for me.

Nancy is a good name, but my neighbours DD has it.

mckenzie Sat 19-Jul-08 22:06:04

I love the name Rufus too but Dh put his foot down when DS was born and we had to compromise. He was nearly persuaded but then i made the mistake of telling him my first pony was called Rufus.
It's a lovely lovely name VS - I hope you get there first smile

VictorianSqualor Sat 19-Jul-08 22:57:27

I shall not compromise!

olyoly Sat 19-Jul-08 22:57:52

I love Rufus! I'm trying to get dh to see the light, but I'm not sure that I can do it in 4 weeks!

Just tell MIL that it will be funny when you both have a little Rufus. I doubt she will want a dog and grandson with the same name wink

VictorianSqualor Sat 19-Jul-08 23:06:20

She is great, don't get me wrong, and she knows now I love rufus, but if the dog comes before the baby (I have three already so she may think no more are coming!) then it'll be rufus.

rolledhedgehog Tue 22-Jul-08 17:18:23

I like Rufus but it sounds a bit like dufus and also I have a Martha so it might be too much like the Wainright tribute act...oh and also I am not having another baby ever again.

branflake81 Thu 24-Jul-08 11:01:05

It is a dog's name, imho, not a child's.

EachPeachPearMum Sat 26-Jul-08 21:09:24

I love the name Rufus.... but DH can't really pronounce his 'r's, so its out for us sad

Can't believe you're planning the next one already!

AbbeyA Sun 27-Jul-08 08:13:09

It suits the dog better!
I thought from the title that you were going to say your MIL liked Rufus and you thought it was dreadful! I think they would get teased in the playground-it is a bit like calling them Rover!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now