Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on these girls names please!

(55 Posts)
Lilypink Wed 16-Jul-08 22:15:49

I already have a Lily, and struggling to think of another girls name. But have come up with;

Elodie (Edie for short)
Belle
Hetty
Bella
Evie

I am feeling strong so honest opinions are welcome - I have already put Belle to the vote and faced the consequences grin

Many Thanks!!

MrsSylar Wed 16-Jul-08 22:17:51

Like them all

Hulababy Wed 16-Jul-08 22:18:34

I like Evie best

onepieceoflollipop Wed 16-Jul-08 22:18:44

I think that Eve^/^Evie is one of the top popular girls' names and I would avoid it for that reason.

I appear to have different taste in names to you - although Lily is gorgeous! Out of your suggestions I prefer Belle.

LaDiDaDi Wed 16-Jul-08 22:18:47

I like Elodie the best.

Prefer Hattie (which I love) to Hetty.

Ambivalent about Belle/Bella.

Evie is lovely but very popular at the moment compared with your other choices.

hth.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 16-Jul-08 22:19:01

i like belle,
i know an evie which clouds my judgement somehwat.
hetty is ok

onepieceoflollipop Wed 16-Jul-08 22:19:17

Sorry for the rather floral looking spellings - not sure what I did!

wessexgirl Wed 16-Jul-08 22:20:23

I love Elodie and really, really love Evie, though I know two, so wouldn't be able to use it myself sad. Bella is nice too.

butwhybutwhy Wed 16-Jul-08 22:21:20

I like them all but not so keen on Evie because its so common now.

But they are very pretty names.

wessexgirl Wed 16-Jul-08 22:22:20

Oh, and Lily is my favourite girl's name, but a friend got there first angry. We have very similar tastes (though I'm not quite there with Hetty).

33k Wed 16-Jul-08 22:23:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

girliefriend Wed 16-Jul-08 22:27:26

How about Esme? I have a lily as well and if I ever have another dd that is my next choice! I do like Bella as well but can't get past the stupid magazine!!!

Lilypink Wed 16-Jul-08 22:29:58

So annoying *wessex girl* when someone knicks your name! I have 6 friends/family due the same month as me so the pressure is on to 'get there first'with the names!

All your thoughts are pretty much in line with mine - I love Evie but thought it was becoming rather popular. So I might go for Elodie and then shorten to Edie which is not too dissimilar. Can't really shorten to Ellie as too many LLLL's with Lily!!

4andnotout Wed 16-Jul-08 22:31:06

I love them all
Would have loved a Lily but it's my dd's surname I keep trying to convince dp that they will get married one day and then it wouldn't matter hmm

wessexgirl Wed 16-Jul-08 22:34:02

Oh yes, Elodie shortened to Edie sounds like a winner to me.

Before I had my dds, I'd have said my favourite girls' names were Lily, Evie and Rhiannon.

Every single one was taken at least once before I had dd1, grr.

Still, at least with girls there are lots and lots to choose from smile.

AbbeyA Wed 16-Jul-08 22:41:53

I only like Evie, but it seems to be the name of the moment-overtaking Ruby and Lily.

gemmiegoatlegs Wed 16-Jul-08 22:42:49

i love Elodie/edie
and Bella very much

Lilypink Wed 16-Jul-08 22:44:23

Yes lots of choice for girls names, but boys?! I don't even know what I am having so all this hard work on finding girls names may be in vain!

Maybe next week I will think about boys, only have Samuel (Sam) so far which I love but would like to have at least one back up so that I can 'choose' when the baby is born.

LuckySalem Wed 16-Jul-08 22:45:18

Evie is best! grin

nooka Wed 16-Jul-08 22:45:49

Elodie is very pretty. My only comment is that the two names are quite similar. Your other names are all shortenings - I'd go with the full form (Henrietta/Harriet, Isabelle etc)

EffiePerine Wed 16-Jul-08 22:50:44

Def go for the full name and shorten later

Isabel (Belle/Bella)
Harriet/Henrietta
Evelyn (I love this, esp pronounced eve-lyn)

TwoFir Thu 17-Jul-08 10:10:41

Harriet is lovely!

Pavlovthecat Thu 17-Jul-08 10:12:18

OL I read Belle as bellie rofl!

I like Bella. I have an Isabella who gets shortened to Bella, I like it.

I like Evie, but its a bit popular for my liking, there are 3 in DDs nursery.

Lilypink Fri 18-Jul-08 20:44:01

Just been on babynamer.com and another spelling for Hetty is Hettie - I think this is nicer do you? That website is great!!

www.babynamer.com

chankins Fri 18-Jul-08 20:48:20

Really love elodie the best - it is not very common, but not at all odd, really nice. Like all the names but think that one is the best !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now