Talk

Advanced search

ok , should i just stick with hannah?

(19 Posts)
mummypud Mon 14-Jul-08 10:13:45

our 2nd child is due in 4 weeks and we have a name if its a boy but are struggling on girls names , i love lots but hub has only about 3 , one of which is hannah, i like it but feel as if i am settling on it rather than loving it? its middle name will be rose , i like traditional names but am open to suggestions , any input appriciated . many thanks ladies

McDreamy Mon 14-Jul-08 10:15:24

What are the other 2 he likes? Hannah is pretty, quite popular but that's not a bad thing. How about Anna, Annie to be a little different? Names are so hard, DH and I have very different ideas!

TheFallenMadonna Mon 14-Jul-08 10:15:54

Hannah Rose is lovely smile.

What are his other choices? <nosey>

TheFallenMadonna Mon 14-Jul-08 10:16:57

Anna
Elizabeth
Catherine/Kate

Or are they too traditional? grin

fryalot Mon 14-Jul-08 10:17:37

I have an Annie

Tbh, I don't particularly like it as a name and I wouldn't have chosen it myself.

Twas dp's choice and yes, I felt like i had "settled" for it, but if you can't agree, one of you is always going to feel like this.

Fwiw, he feels like he "settled" for ds's name which was more my choice.

If you can't find a name that you both love then pick one that neither of you hate and your baby will grow into it.

mummypud Mon 14-Jul-08 10:18:44

we did both like elizabeth but would prob shorten to beth , dont know perhaps he went off of it? the other 2 he likes are heidi, and abigail .

McDreamy Mon 14-Jul-08 10:19:34

Are you not keen on the other 2? Abigail is one DH likes if this one is a girl. I like Daisy smile

McDreamy Mon 14-Jul-08 10:19:58

What would you like to call her?

HonoriaGlossop Mon 14-Jul-08 10:27:24

if you love lots of names, tell us a few...I always think the person who does the 9 months hard work followed by the hard labour gets the casting vote, personally! No way would I be 'settling' for a name. You do the hard work, you should at least be able to have a name you really love IMO.

mummypud Mon 14-Jul-08 10:39:36

lol , well i like Matilda, Georgia,Eden,isabel , martha. to name a few....... Mcdreamy , i like abigail but not sure i like it enough, trouble is we find a name and then as soon as we decide on it one of us goes off it. i love daisy too but its middle name if a girl will be rose so maybe a bit flowery.

belgo Mon 14-Jul-08 10:40:44

I love Heidi. Dh won't have it though.

McDreamy Mon 14-Jul-08 10:43:17

Oh pretty names! I like Isabel but DH isn't keen. Martha is nice, in fact they all are smile Sorry I'm not much help am I? grin

fryalot Mon 14-Jul-08 10:44:24

Matilda would have been my choice actually grin had I not "settled" for dp's choice.

HumphreyCushioni Mon 14-Jul-08 10:46:02

Matilda Rose is lovely.
You could shorten the first name to Matty or Tilda or Tilly.

Matthea is a sweet name - had a school friend called that - means 'gift of god'.

Hannah is a good name too.

HonoriaGlossop Mon 14-Jul-08 10:47:52

I love the names you list, except Eden which round this way is V chavvy unfortunately

Matilda, Georgia, Isabel and Martha are all lovely. I think the best is Isabel personally.

hanaflowerisnothana Mon 14-Jul-08 10:53:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummypud Mon 14-Jul-08 11:30:39

ty everyone , yep my 1st choice would be Matilda but even shortened hubby is not keen.. Matthea is really nice but i doubt dh will like it! i shall try it though, i have liked isabel all the way but actually i think its a bit popular around here which isnt a big problem but i wouldnt want her to be one of 4 in her class. we have had people saying that we should wait to meet the baby to name it , it may come to that but seems odd my daughter had a name since before she was concieved so its funny to struggle like this

AbbeyA Mon 14-Jul-08 19:12:30

I think that Hannah Rose is lovely. Have you thought of Susannah?

davegrohlslover Mon 14-Jul-08 20:23:41

Anna Rose - perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now