Talk

Advanced search

Nicole Kidmans babies name Sunday???

(59 Posts)
lottiejenkins Mon 07-Jul-08 18:54:02

She wasnt even born on a Sunday either but on a Monday??? Not a typical choice of name or am i being tricky?

OomphreyCushion Mon 07-Jul-08 18:57:56

Haven't heard of it being used before.
I quite like it though.
It would be sweet shortened to Sunny.

Flibbertyjibbet Mon 07-Jul-08 18:57:57

Has she really called her Sunday?

I know someone who said while pg that if it was a girl she would be called April. Even though the due date was May. And even if the baby arrived in May. Because they liked the name.

RubySlippers Mon 07-Jul-08 18:58:24

Sunday Rose

i think it is quite sweet and think Sunny is a lovely shortening

NorksDrift Mon 07-Jul-08 19:01:12

I heard it as Sunday Roast on the radio!

greenelizabeth Mon 07-Jul-08 19:09:07

Well, Domingo is common in Spain, and I suppose Dominique might have origins of the same root as Sunday.

My friend would really approve. She always said that Thursday was the only day of the week she didn't like as a name.

PestoMonster Mon 07-Jul-08 19:10:39

grin at NorksDrift

CharlotteYork Mon 07-Jul-08 19:14:40

daft - but that is what we expect now isn't it! Would be terrribly boring if she had called it Sophie we would have nothing to discuss!

MinkyChunky Mon 07-Jul-08 19:16:32

I thought she was called Rose.

greenelizabeth Mon 07-Jul-08 19:17:38

Isn't her first dd called Isabella Rose?

Bit odd to recycle the name.

LuLuBai Mon 07-Jul-08 20:02:18

Funny you mention that GreenElizabeth. I met someone earlier today with a little boy called Dominic. I asked her if he was born on a Sunday.

I do think Sunday is a daft name for a baby though. And I actually think it's slightly offensive to re-use the middle name Rose. I gather she hasn't much contact with her adopted children these days as they are predominantly in Tom's custody. All rather odd.

serenity Mon 07-Jul-08 20:04:01

My cat was called Sunday smile

Turniphead1 Mon 07-Jul-08 20:05:43

How odd. Sunday Best. Sunday Roast (loving that Norks) Sunday Driver. Hmmmm.

LuLuBai Mon 07-Jul-08 20:08:49

My cat is called Billy.

Oh whooops. Wrong thread. I'll get me to the Billy thread.

(also still chortling about the Sunday Roast - he he he)

girliefriend Mon 07-Jul-08 20:09:23

I am on a bit of a one about names at the moment as some one at work has just called her daughter ...... Tinkerbell - I kid you not, Tinks for short of course (!) and I have another friend who is going to call her dd Minnie............. I really am not sure about that one - any opinions?! P.s Sunday on a monday FGS?!!!!

LuLuBai Mon 07-Jul-08 20:12:47

Minnie is fine but ONLY as a nickname (e.g. for Miranda). Tinkerbell? !?!?!?

As for Sunday on a Monday - gaaaaaaaaaaah.

Maybe she's doing a Beckham and the poor kid was conceived on a Sunday.

lottiejenkins Mon 07-Jul-08 20:34:06

I thought of that too re Beckhamgrin but if they knew whch day then they cant get up to much nookie can they lol hmm

LuLuBai Mon 07-Jul-08 20:38:22

Ah but he was in rehab for the first few months of their marriage wasn't he. When my ex was in The Priory Sunday was visiting day...

flossish Mon 07-Jul-08 20:40:18

perhaps she went into labour on sunday and planned for the baby to arrive on that day only baby had other ideas?

greenelizabeth Mon 07-Jul-08 21:17:29

Tinkerbell. JAYzuss.

Alishanty Mon 07-Jul-08 21:47:51

lol at Sunday Roast! Maybe she should have chosen a different middle name.....

Piffle Mon 07-Jul-08 21:51:32

tis named after Sunna the goddess of sun I reckon
and why not.
prefectly nice name I think

bluenosesaint Mon 07-Jul-08 23:05:37

My dad had an albino budgie called Sunday. It was pure white with red eyes and dad said that it looked like him the morning after a Saturday night drinking session ...hence the name 'Sunday' grin

MinkyChunky Mon 07-Jul-08 23:54:33

it could ve been worse they could have really lumbered her with an awful name like Brad & Angelina's kid. sad

nooka Tue 08-Jul-08 00:01:50

Silly. Especially as her first daughter has a "normal" name. Pity they couldn't think of any other middle names - unimaginative somehow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now