Names for twin girls.. help!

(47 Posts)
ButterflyRuns Tue 28-Jul-20 23:04:18

Hi everyone, it's been ages since I posted on MN! I'm due very soon (August) with twin girls and even though I have ideas for names I'm yet to make my mind up. I like sophisticated sounding names but I'm open to anything, let me know what you think of the names me and DH have considered and any ideas like them?

Camille, Serena (my two favourites) Louisa, Meredith, Ariana/Adriana, Luciana.

OP’s posts: |
123Dancewithme Tue 28-Jul-20 23:30:51

I like Louisa and Serena

ButterflyRuns Tue 28-Jul-20 23:34:02

Thanks @123Dancewithme, I like Louisa & it has family meaning too. Do you think they go together well? Even if I don't use it as a first name, I think it'll be used a middle name since I want the middle names to reflect our families.

sunshinexdreams Wed 29-Jul-20 00:00:29

I love Camille and Serena!

One of my friends has just had twin girls and she’s called them Ariana and Lydia

Incidentally, Louisa is my middle name so I love that too grin

ButterflyRuns Wed 29-Jul-20 00:06:20

I'm definitely leaning towards the Camille and Serena combo the most from my list of names @sunshinexdreams! I like how Camille Louisa sounds too.

Ariana and Lydia are really pretty too, my only worry is people will probably think of the pop star?

Marcipex Wed 29-Jul-20 00:07:37

Nursery before lockdown was just filling up with Aria, Ariana, Oriana, Ariana-Mae...so I wouldn’t use that.
I like Camilla and Serena, or Camille and Seren.
Serena and Lydia would work too.

Rubymay Wed 29-Jul-20 00:11:47

Esme & Lilly
Sinead & Caoife
Dara & Emily
Beth & Abigail
Aimee & Ophelia

ButterflyRuns Wed 29-Jul-20 00:12:45

@Marcipex I didn't realise it was so common so thank you, but I don't think I'll use it for the above reasons.

Serena and Lydia is a pretty combination, I'll have to write that one down. I've never liked Camilla as much as Camille (also makes me think of the royal) so lean more towards Camille and Serena

ButterflyRuns Wed 29-Jul-20 00:14:12

@RubyMay I actually suggested Esme to DH a while back and he hated it. Ophelia is a very pretty & classy name, what would you use as a NN?

Ricekrispie22 Wed 29-Jul-20 04:30:56

Theodora
Cecily
Letitia
Antonia
Agatha
Clarissa
Adelaide
Clemency
Delphine
Colette
Gloriana
Henrietta
Vivienne
Philomena
Annelise

DipSwimSwoosh Wed 29-Jul-20 07:31:46

Serena and Lydia are lovely.
I nearly used Serena. My daughter is anything but!

bridgetreilly Wed 29-Jul-20 10:30:16

Serena Meredith
Camille Louisa

Lovely.

userabcname Wed 29-Jul-20 10:36:10

Serena is lovely! Camille is great too - they go well together. My suggestion is Celeste (which I suggest on nearly every thread but it's my favourite name!).

THATscurryfungeBITCH Wed 29-Jul-20 10:39:57

If i had twin girls today i would go with Etta and Posy

From your choice op i would go with Camille and Louisa

Marcipex Wed 29-Jul-20 14:06:59

@THATscurryfungeBITCH I love Posy. I don’t know what I’d put with it.
Posy and Camille?
Posy and Seren?
Nah

17caterpillars1mouse Wed 29-Jul-20 15:12:03

Olive
Madeline or Madeline
Felicity
Penelope
Verity
Adeline
Jocelyn
Josephine
Delphine

ButterflyRuns Wed 29-Jul-20 15:41:29

I really like the sound of Serena Meredith and Camille Louisa, thank you @bridgetreilly! I'm glad others here think Serena and Camille flow well together too. I like Serena and Lydia too but probably lean more to Camille, opinions welcome.

I've always liked the name Celeste @KatnissK, it was actually on my list I just didn't put it here - I have no idea what NNs would be for it though.

ButterflyRuns Wed 29-Jul-20 15:43:59

Felicity is very cute @17caterpillars1mouse! I couldn't really do Penelope because I have a relative with the name.

VinoOlive Wed 29-Jul-20 15:56:10

I like Louisa and Meredith.

Helena
Fearne
Violet
Esther
Olive
Juliet
Lillian
Freya
Cora
Beatrice
Estelle
Frances
Joanna
Ariadne
Adeline
Dorothea
Sofia
Florence
Livia
Claudia
Francesca

ButterflyRuns Wed 29-Jul-20 17:37:29

@VinoOlive I like Beatrice and Estelle, Ariadne is very cute too and similar to Adriana but I have a feeling it'd be mispelt a lot.

BatleyTownswomensGuild Wed 29-Jul-20 18:20:06

Camille andSerena are both lovely

Oneandabean Wed 29-Jul-20 19:38:38

Camille and Serena are lovely. I’d avoid anything that ends with the same letter as it sounds a bit too matchy

ButterflyRuns Wed 29-Jul-20 20:11:15

Thank you @Oneandabean, I agree that I'm not a fan of the matchy matchy names either. I once, no joke, came across a Kacey and a Lacey....

Tillygetsit Wed 29-Jul-20 22:54:30

I love Meredith and Camille. I think they sound great together and are very different which is cool for twins.

Bubbletrouble43 Wed 29-Jul-20 23:07:41

Love Serena. What about
Melody
Celeste
Phoebe
Marianne
Genevieve

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in