Talk

Advanced search

Middle names for Willow

(14 Posts)
Sparklypanda77 Mon 29-Jun-20 21:24:42

We are really struggling to pick a middle name...set on Willow but totally undecided on the middle name. Which do you prefer?

Willow Abigail
Willow Aurelia
Willow Arabella
Willow Olivia
Willow Brooke

OP’s posts: |
mrs87 Mon 29-Jun-20 21:27:52

I think Willow Aurelia is pretty. In my opinion, Willow Brooke sounds too much like a river! Like two nature themed names together? Babbling brook by a willow tree... If that makes any sense 😂

Sunnydayshereatlast Mon 29-Jun-20 21:29:51

We would have had Willow Zara or Willow Athena..
Had a ds!!

daisypond Mon 29-Jun-20 21:31:36

Abigail. I like Olivia as a name but I don’t like the repeating oh sound at the end of Willow and the start of Olivia. But that’s very minor.

merryhouse Mon 29-Jun-20 21:33:01

What does baby's surname begin with? If it's Elliot then I'd advise against Olivia; if it's Richards don't go for any of the As, etc

Willow Aurelia is a bit of a wobble-fest. I think you'd be best going for something simple - in fact I was just thinking that Brooke worked really well, but willow brook is two nature names. If you're happy with having your daughter's name invariably conjure up images of a tree hanging over a stream then go with that (I think it's quite pretty, but it's completely unambiguous).

donquixotedelamancha Mon 29-Jun-20 21:33:17

Ufgood.

Sparklypanda77 Mon 29-Jun-20 21:33:54

@mrs87 makes total sense...I actually thought it sounded like the name of a cottage or a nursing home 😂 not my choice as you might be able to tell!

Ooh Willow Zara is really pretty...might be another to add to the list 🙈

OP’s posts: |
MikeUniformMike Mon 29-Jun-20 21:36:08

Willow Abigail - fine
Willow Aurelia - don't like Aurelia
Willow Arabella - ok but I'm not that keen.
Willow Olivia - doesn't work
Willow Brooke - sounds like a housing estate or street name

mrs87 Mon 29-Jun-20 21:38:18

@Sparklypanda77 I get you, I agree it does sound a bit like a school or nursing home... Willowbrooke Primary or something!

bigsur99 Mon 29-Jun-20 21:39:57

I have a Willow Grace. I think it depends on your surname and whether it flows. Good choices though smile

Bubbletrouble43 Mon 29-Jun-20 22:02:23

Willow Abigail is lovely
I think it only works with a traditional or classic girls name or it all becomes a bit brambly hedge iyswim, I do like it though

LisaxMarie Mon 29-Jun-20 22:04:36

My niece is called Willow Rose

LisaxMarie Mon 29-Jun-20 22:05:15

Sorry posted before adding I think I shorter middle name works best with Willow 🙂

longtimecomin Mon 29-Jun-20 22:39:15

There's an extra care scheme in Washington nr Newcastle called willow brook. It's actually very nice.

Willow grace sounds lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »