Talk

Advanced search

Opinion on sibling names set please

(9 Posts)
HHoneyApple Sun 12-Jan-20 17:24:49

Hello,

The names are Alexander, Barnabas, Christopher and Theodore! (nn Alex, Barney, Chris, Theo) What do you think about this sibling names combo? Do you like it? hmm Please feel free to suggest, and give us your honest view!

Thoughts are very appreciated. Opinions are gladly received. Thank you in advance.

MikeUniformMike Sun 12-Jan-20 17:36:11

Yes, they're fine. I don't like Theodore at all though and suggest Daniel as an alternative. Much prefer Chris to Kit.

MikeUniformMike Sun 12-Jan-20 17:37:06

or Zachary if you are not planning on an more children

Dollymixture22 Sun 12-Jan-20 17:44:25

They are all lovely names. Bit of a mouthful if you say the long versions, but all have great shortened versions. (Rare to get names I like both the long and short😊).

Daniel is a loverly name too, but I don’t like Danny. And this might be inevitable given you are shortening them all.

MikeUniformMike Sun 12-Jan-20 18:23:15

I suggested a name starting with D because I don't like Theodore and because A, B, C...

user1493494961 Sun 12-Jan-20 18:58:39

Prefer Kit, Chris is a bit dated. Is it for a book?

bridgetreilly Sun 12-Jan-20 19:19:31

A, B, C, T?

Either commit to the theme or don't bother with one at all.

After Alexander, Barnabas and Christopher, I would suggest David. Alternatives to consider would be Dominic, Donald, Dylan or Damien.

MikeUniformMike Sun 12-Jan-20 19:24:01

I think Kit will date quickly as it has become popular very quickly
Dominic is better than Daniel, because with only 2 syllables Dsniel is a lot shorter than the other names

If it is for a book, you could have Xavier, Yvan and Zebedee

sel2223 Mon 13-Jan-20 10:06:29

Barney is so cute!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »