Talk

Advanced search

Girl first name

(29 Posts)
kaezarose Tue 03-Dec-19 08:35:32

It's really starting to drive me crazy but I can't get settled on a first name for a girl.
The middle name will be LaClaire. I like unique and pretty names.
First names being considered are Averi and Luna, but the issue with the Luna is the last name also starts with L so I'm trying to keep away from it
And suggestions?

MrsBertBibby Tue 03-Dec-19 09:31:03

Luna really isn't very unusual, and Averi is only unusually because of the spelling.

How about Marjolaine? Very unusual, and I think very pretty.

Delphine or Seraphine equally pretty, although less unusual, and I think they sit nicely with the French flavour of LaClaire

Thetimetravelerswife Tue 03-Dec-19 09:49:31

I don’t like Averi.
Prefer Luna.

NoSauce Tue 03-Dec-19 10:14:43

Madeleine
Coco
Beatrice

MikeUniformMike Tue 03-Dec-19 10:37:58

Averi is awful. It looks like Averil without the l.
Luna LaClaire is a bit much.

None of the names are pretty.

EleanorShellstrop100 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:44:55

Averi isn’t a good spelling of Avery, I agree with the previous posters. Luna is nice but not unusual. Luna LaClaire sounds like a character from Harry Potter. I don’t like LaClaire if I’m honest. It sounds like eclair and it doesn’t really work as a middle name - I’ve tried out a few girls names in my head with LaClaire as a middle name and LaClaire just makes all of the names a bit ‘much’.

kaezarose Wed 04-Dec-19 07:38:51

Thanks to those who did suggest as that's what I'm looking for not opinions of what's already decided on. smile

MrsNoMopp Wed 04-Dec-19 08:17:16

Luna LaClaire reminds me of the piano piece Claire de Lune.

b3x3y Wed 04-Dec-19 08:18:04

@kaezarose Florence? nn Flo x

MrsNoMopp Wed 04-Dec-19 08:43:24

Sofia LaClaire
Romy LaClaire
Jasmine LaClaire
Emma LaClaire
Nina LaClaire
Carmen LaClaire
Zuri LaClaire
Manon LaClaire

Astronica Wed 04-Dec-19 12:34:06

Just be aware that neither of your names fits the description 'unique' - they really are quite popular in fact.

Alba
Frankie
Allira
Zara
Aerin
Minna
Briar
Eda
Gaia
Inez
Xanthe

Ricekrispie22 Wed 04-Dec-19 16:22:29

Cassia
Margaux
Juno
Pandora
Aurora
Sylvie
Sydney
Cassidy
Darcy
Eden

VenusClapTrap Wed 04-Dec-19 17:51:44

Itis I LaClaire

diddlediddle Wed 04-Dec-19 19:01:02

@VenusClapTrap 🤣

kaezarose Thu 05-Dec-19 07:08:57

I really quite like a lot of suggestions I've gotten. Thanks all! And perhaps unique isnt the word I'm looking for but maybe just.. different? Not like Jane or Ann but something with a little more oomph😂😊

kaezarose Thu 05-Dec-19 07:11:12

Also @MrsNoMopp I didnt know that was a thing but it sounds very pretty and I love it and @b3x3y I really e joy Florence as a name but I live somewhere nearby a city called that so I dont like the association :/

FizzyGreenWater Fri 06-Dec-19 11:04:33

Luna LaClaire is great though. I like the alliteration, and most of the time she will be Luna - a lovely, fairly unusual but easy to say and spell choice.

I think it's a very good mix for a full name which is wacky and unusual but no problem for everyday life. As long as Luna is good with your surname.

One thing I would NOT do is use Averi spelled like that (or Avery at all - it's not great, very harsh). The i ending makes it ambiguous - it reads more as if pronounced as if the 'a' is as in 'cat' (as opposed to what I assume you'd want which is Ay-veree) So kind of Ah-veree.

Confusing and not a very nice name tbh.

PsychosonicCindy Fri 06-Dec-19 11:13:28

I like Luna and middle names aren't used that often verbally so chance to be as unusual as you like I think!
What about

Winter
Marigold
Storm
Bluebell
Tallulah
Marina/Martina
Eden
Cadence
Fenella

Enko Fri 06-Dec-19 11:16:01

Meredith
Rowena
Ramona
Aida
Nia
Zia
Zelda
Rosita
Rosea
Rochelle

Leopardprintboots Fri 06-Dec-19 11:16:21

I love Luna. Luna LaClaire sounds amazing

Other suggestions:

Edith / Edie
Margaret /Maggie
Clementine/ Clemmie
Roxanne/Roxanna
Pearl
Delilah
Ottilie (Ottie)
Cora
Eliza
River
Winter
Jemima

s3tut0y3r Fri 06-Dec-19 22:33:57

Annette is pretty and different nowadays. Also French

hannahfaith Mon 09-Dec-19 15:59:54

Margaret, Annette, Beatrice all sound lovely with LaClaire.
As someone else said middle names aren't spoken out much so it's a place where you can get a little more creative and use something you wouldn't as a first name. I think LaClaire is beautiful

ShannonShouts Mon 09-Dec-19 16:02:26

Autumn?

Quizeerascal Mon 09-Dec-19 17:12:03

Floris
Laurel
Clover
Audrey
Talitha

Flymetothestars Tue 10-Dec-19 11:42:50

Another vote for Luna LaClaire!! What a great name- love it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »