Talk

Advanced search

Jesse for a boy?

(82 Posts)
Batmanandrobin123 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:55:47

DH thinks it's too girly. I love it. I'm aware of the 'big Jesse' insult in Scotland but we're not in Scotland. Any thoughts? Anyone know of any boys called Jesse and do they like their name?

BackforGood Sat 07-Dec-19 16:14:54

"big Jesse" isn't just an insult in Scotland and the North. I grew up in the Midlands and it's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

This ^

I'm with your dh. I wouldn't name a child a word that is so strongly linked with being an insult.

Emelene Sat 07-Dec-19 16:22:07

I love it but couldn't get my DH on board at all... too girly he thought. sad

Batmanandrobin123 Sat 07-Dec-19 19:38:59

Well DH is nearly on board I think. He wants to use a J middle name and have the option of JJ too.
I just cant imagine a teenager calling someone a big jessie, it would sound so old fashioned. Maybe it's because we are down south but he will grow up down here so hopefully be fine.

Leopardprintboots Sat 07-Dec-19 20:00:56

Will definitely be fine! So glad your DH is on board

Honestly once he hears the names of the babies at baby group I think he’ll realise you’ve made a pretty safe choice in comparison! I can remember the shock a few years ago when my DH first heard names like Albert /Albie and Hunter- all 3 are top 100 names now! It’s definitely a completely different “name” landscape than when we were at school

For JJ....How about
Jesse Jenson
Jesse Jagger 🤩
Jesse Jago

mrssunshinexxx Sat 07-Dec-19 20:22:57

Love it op

Batmanandrobin123 Sat 07-Dec-19 22:00:05

Haha I think he is thinking something safer.
Jesse Jacob
Jesse James (his fave like the outlaw! 🙄)
Jesse John (family name)

Leopardprintboots Sat 07-Dec-19 22:08:04

Those names all sound lovely! Jacob, James and John are 3 of my favourite names. You don’t actually get many John’s these days

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »