Xavier.

MarthasGinYard Tue 03-Dec-19 21:16:27

I just stalk her on the school run'

Sounds pretty apt from the details here

Quite

confused

HotSince82 Tue 03-Dec-19 21:14:16

Blaise is a boy Awwlookatmybabyspider smile

As I said previously they all have saints' names but I suppose unless you were Catholic/high Anglican/particularly well versed in theology the associations between the names would pass you by.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 03-Dec-19 20:24:09

They sound like 2 sets of siblings and 1 only child.

Patrick
Elizabeth.

Xavier
Jacinta

Blaise.

I certainly wouldn’t expe ct Elizabeth to have a sister named Blaise.

VanyaHargreeves Tue 03-Dec-19 20:01:44

What would I like you to say?

Why you think this is an acceptable thing to do?

HotSince82 Tue 03-Dec-19 19:53:48

VanyaHargreeves

What would you like me to say?

"Yes, yes Vanya you're right. You really should be working for MI5 with such powers of deduction omnipotence. Of course we're not really friends, I just stalk her on the school run in order to post on the baby names forum on MN"

grin

If it pleases you to believe your own conclusions then please don't let me deter you.
I must admit to finding it a bit odd that you can't conceive of friendships other than those informed by your own experience but we are where we are.

titchy Tue 03-Dec-19 19:41:31

Weird and nasty post. How do you think your friend feels reading her children's names online and realising that most people think they're awful?

VanyaHargreeves Tue 03-Dec-19 19:36:23

You clearly AREN'T friends, it's not friend behaviour

"*I've immortalised your tribe"*

So grandiose. You haven't, she didn't ask you to and the whole "i'm the one in the orange coat" thing suggests you are a fellow school mum acquaintance at best

Your behaviour is strange and you appear to have an odd fixation with this family.

HotSince82 Tue 03-Dec-19 18:44:27

Happily I don't ordinarily choose those who are prone to overreaction to be my friends. So, irrespective of your dim view of my post this is unlikely to bother my friend, we just don't take ourselves that seriously.

MarthasGinYard Tue 03-Dec-19 14:36:53

Odd isn't it.

I would be treating Op to a 'Mocha'

I think I'd be suggesting she finds some other hobby to Persue in her.... 'orange coat'

Katfood Tue 03-Dec-19 14:19:19

Posting the names of a friend's children and asking them to be judged is a horrible thing to do, quite apart from the fact that it's identifying.

I agree. And I'm surprised how many posters happily judge the names - these kids' parents didn't ask for any opinions!

Petrichor11 Tue 03-Dec-19 14:11:52

What a horrible friend you are!

Postmissposte Tue 03-Dec-19 11:45:51

I like them all individually and as a set. Although I prefer Elizabeth to Elisabeth.

UnderneathTheMangoTree Tue 03-Dec-19 11:43:26

Posting the names of a friend's children and asking them to be judged is a horrible thing to do, quite apart from the fact that it's identifying. You don't seem so keen on posting your own name though do you?

peppinanna Tue 03-Dec-19 11:35:32

I don't think the names match at all. Blaise especially

MarthasGinYard Tue 03-Dec-19 08:27:56

Odd

HotSince82 Mon 02-Dec-19 22:54:58

Jacinta is my favourite.

Anoisagusaris Mon 02-Dec-19 22:52:43

Jacinta is shocking.

Blaise is awful.

Elizabeth is beautiful and Paddy is great.

Xavier - old fashioned yet a bit ‘try hard’

HotSince82 Mon 02-Dec-19 22:49:17

Fair enough, people differ I suppose.

If it were me I'd be chuffed; although as I think they have named their children well I wasn't expecting many negative responses.

However I suppose its prudent to add; Hi, if you're reading this, its your friend with the orange coat here. I immortalised your tribe on MN, mine's a mocha when you next see me wink

VanyaHargreeves Mon 02-Dec-19 22:38:32

It would be entirely different if these were your own DCs names

How many families are there with 5 DC of these names?

One, I'd imagine

Imagine being the DM of these DC sitting at a computer thinking "which of my "friends"has done this?"

"why do they care so much?"

I'd be freaked out so bad

HotSince82 Mon 02-Dec-19 22:28:36

No, not really. Though I take it from your comment that you do.

VanyaHargreeves Mon 02-Dec-19 20:29:12

Do you not think listing the names of someone else's children and inviting public judgement on them is a bit sinister/mean spirited/ odd OP?

HotSince82 Mon 02-Dec-19 20:26:54

No I'm not.
I haven't criticised them at all, quite the opposite.

Clangus00 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:31:21

Today 18:57 HotSince82

Well I care, obviously grin
Catholic but not Irish.

Why do you care? All you’re doing is criticising.

TatianaLarina Mon 02-Dec-19 19:09:02

I suppose it does but it’s rather a random selection.

HotSince82 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:00:04

Actually the fact that they all have saints' names probably counts as a theme...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »