Talk

Advanced search

Is Max too much of a dog's name?

(57 Posts)
lostandconfused2 Mon 25-Nov-19 16:40:01

I've finally decided on Max for my little boy, but I'm worried because it's the top name for male dogs! But it's the only name I really like bar Harrison, but that name rhymes with the surname so don't want to give him it!

I'm thinking Max William, though I might use my step-dad's name for his middle name.

I don't like the traditional names like Maxwell or Maximillian, just Max.

What do you think?

Aderyn19 Fri 29-Nov-19 07:12:22

Mine is Max Christopher. I like a longer middle name to balance the short first name.

Roselilly36 Fri 29-Nov-19 07:24:19

I had a dog called Max, it’s a lovely name for a dog or a person IMHO. If you like it go for it.

Katfood Fri 29-Nov-19 07:46:19

I like the full name Maximilian too.

notdaddycool Sat 30-Nov-19 13:12:57

It’s fine, I’d avoid Fido & Rover though

MrsElf Sat 30-Nov-19 13:24:00

Despite owning a dog called Max (and known locally as Mad Max) I definitely think of it as a human name. I was at school with a Max - lovely lad, but also totally full on. Good luck OP! grin

applebags Sat 30-Nov-19 13:29:38

I have a Max Jacob, I love it! He's just Max although we someone call him Maximus Decimus Meridius. He's a wild one but absolutely adorable. Too young to tell us if he likes his name or not but he definitely suits it!

Thefaceofboe Sat 30-Nov-19 20:52:46

There are way too many children called Max for it to be a dog name.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »