Talk

Advanced search

Page 10 | Plum’s sister!

(264 Posts)
HazeyJaney Sun 17-Nov-19 19:23:45

Help please! We chose a very unusual name for our first daughter (Plum Elizabeth) and now we’re stuck on what to name her sister. Our current list feels a bit pedestrian in comparison, does it matter?

We like:

Alice
Flora
Gaia
Cecily
Beatrix
Sylvie
Merryn
Iris (actually, I’ve always loved Isis, but it’s obviously unusable now)

OP’s posts: |
zurigirl Thu 21-Nov-19 12:50:45

I'm really sad for you that people have been mean about the name. Don't think there's any need for it either! sad flowers

GiveMeAllTheGin8 Thu 21-Nov-19 12:53:11

I think Sylvia is way to common with a name like plum?
What about potato?

KronksSpinachPuffs Thu 21-Nov-19 13:08:47

Sylvie is lovely OP!

Sorry so many people have been such knobs on this thread, lots of people seem to think they're comedians but with the kind of jokes you'd expect to hear from a 5yo hmm

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! flowers

Lobsterquadrille2 Thu 21-Nov-19 13:22:17

Plum and Sylvie sound lovely together. I knew a recruitment consultant called Plum, who was extremely efficient, organised and a good communicator (and found me a great job). Anyway you didn't post for comments on a done deal - Sylvie is a beautiful name and congratulations!

MeeceAndMice Thu 21-Nov-19 13:33:55

I adore sylive! I think it goes beautifully with plum (which BTW I think is a bloody adorable name!)

Leopardprintboots Thu 21-Nov-19 13:54:13

@HazeyJaney thank you so so much for updating us! I think Sylvie is a gorgeous name and goes really well with Plum- Sylvie is outside the top 400 names so def unusual enough to sit well with Plum

I’ve never met a Sylvie - love it though x

Leopardprintboots Thu 21-Nov-19 13:55:06

Ps. I still vote Alice as I think that will really throw people (and Alice is my favourite name so I’m biased) but love Sylvie too x

“Plum and Alice” ❤️ Love that combo !!

GinUnicorn Thu 21-Nov-19 15:57:05

I think Sylvie is beautiful. You could always combine with a more unusual middle name to match Plum more.

Congratulations on your pregnancy

Notsurehowtofixit Thu 21-Nov-19 16:46:30

Sylvie is lovely!

PollyShelby Thu 21-Nov-19 17:09:55

Plum is awesome and so is Sylvie.

RickOShay Thu 21-Nov-19 17:23:57

Good choice, Sylvie is lovely.

MarshaBradyo Thu 21-Nov-19 17:25:54

Lovely together op

olympia7 Thu 21-Nov-19 18:23:53

I think Plum Elizabeth is a beautiful name. Im shocked at how nasty some people have been on here.
Really like Sylvie too and great it has such personal meaning to you too.

pinkhousesarebest Thu 21-Nov-19 18:27:32

Prune?
(I have one in my class. In France though. Also have a few Fannys)

Nonameyet1 Thu 21-Nov-19 18:46:10

I called my baby Plum before she was born and my mum really wanted me to use it - I nearly did. It’s a great name.

Plum and Sylvie are lovely.

Lulu1919 Thu 21-Nov-19 19:35:27

Mabel

finallychangedmyusername Fri 22-Nov-19 20:19:49

Plum and Sylvie sound great.

Thefaceofboe Fri 22-Nov-19 20:22:07

I feel like I shouldn’t like the name Plum but I kind of do confused I can imagine a sweet little girl called plum

GaaaaarlicBread Fri 22-Nov-19 20:30:12

I strangely like the name plum, I can picture a cute little girl in frilly dresses with curly hair smile There was a girl on Britains Got Talent years ago who played the violin and she was called Lettuce!! So I think 'less used' names are very cute. I know you don't want anything that particularly matches plum, but what about Olive? That's quite a sweet name? Sylvie is nice though, I went to school with a Sylvie and she was lovely , her Sister was called Flora x

Amyaaa Fri 22-Nov-19 20:53:50

I have to ask, where you got the name plum from?

Ritascornershop Sat 23-Nov-19 15:30:58

I think Plum is a gorgeous name and pairs nicely with Sylvie. If I was still young enough to have more babies I’d consider Plum for a child. It’s a lovely sound and image.

GuppytheCat Sat 23-Nov-19 17:11:21

Please please call her Sylvie Clementine for symmetry with Plum Elizabeth.

PrincessAnnaOfArundale Sun 24-Nov-19 13:03:54

Tess, Tabbitha or Lilac.

iloveyoubutilovememore Mon 25-Nov-19 18:32:22

Plum is a great name. Ignore the bitchy comments (their kids are probably called James & Emma)

CandyApple1995 Mon 25-Nov-19 18:50:41

My friend has two now adult daughters, and one has an unusual name and the other has a very common name. Think along the lines of ' Phyllis and Kate'. The one with the more unusual name has always hated her name and been very resentful that her parents gave her sister a much 'prettier' name. She recently changed her name by deed poll.
My advice would be that Since you already have one child with an unusual name I would give your next daughter one too!
I really like these names

Clementine
Auriel
Olive
Violet
Gwendolyn
Edith
Ethel
Persophone
Ophelia
Nancy
Mabel

Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in