Talk

Advanced search

Boy list

(50 Posts)
devilishlygood Tue 03-Sep-19 22:51:01

Preparing a list to present to my DH for our (probably) son, due in 8wks. Ages. But not ages when DH and I have ABSOLUTELY no crossover! Girls name is sorted. This is our first and probs only bub.

So far, so please make suggestions!! 😊

Asher
Dylan
Rudi/Rudy
Torben
Quinton

Middle name will be William (both grandads are William, this we do agree on) but it wont be first name.

AMidsummersNightsNightmare Tue 03-Sep-19 22:53:58

I love Asher

Hippychickster Tue 03-Sep-19 22:55:38

Rudy. I love this name.

Hellokitty135 Tue 03-Sep-19 23:09:30

I really like Torben and Quinton (but prefer Quentin smile)

I don't like Rudy as it sounds like a rude-y. I've heard people call a fart a rudey shock

Lavenderblues Tue 03-Sep-19 23:14:16

I like Quinton and Dylan.

Agree that Quentin is the more popular spelling (eg Tarantino, Blake etc). Quinn would be a great nickname in either case.

Jossina Wed 04-Sep-19 00:09:04

Just not Rudi/Rudy, it's too cutsey.

Frith2013 Wed 04-Sep-19 00:15:01

Asher - no
Dylan - ok
Rudi/Rudy - no
Torben - awful
Quinton - the non descript town on the edge of Birmingham?!?!?! No!

BackforGood Wed 04-Sep-19 00:29:46

Oh.
Don't really like any of those.
Dylan is okay, others are awful.

What does your dh like ?

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 04-Sep-19 01:27:33

I certainly wouldn’t have Dylan with the middle name Willian ( Dilly Willy)
I quite like the sound or Torben. However to me it sounds like someone trying to say Corben who can’t pronounce their Cs.
Asher sounds quite feminine to my ears
Quinton is awful.

Is William as first name a total no go.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 04-Sep-19 01:31:15

Rudy is okay. Even if I wanted to use it, though. I wouldn’t be brave enough. It quite risky isn’t it, and May be I think too deeply but You have to be careful with the mn William. (Rudy Willy)

Astronica Wed 04-Sep-19 01:41:08

I really like Torbin. Sorry I'm not keen on the others. Quentin (rather than Quinton) and Rudy are okay.
Rufus
Rupert
Torin
Niko/Nico
Dominic
Griffin
August
Declan
Dermot
Axel
Atticus

diddlediddle Wed 04-Sep-19 02:14:04

All nice except Quinton, which is dreadful and I ans putting that inclusion down to pregnancy hormones!

Particularly like Dylan and Torben.

AverageMummy Wed 04-Sep-19 07:45:22

Asher - love this
Dylan - nice
Rudi/Rudy - terrible sorry
Torben - not keen
Quinton - sounds like it should be Quentin

I’m trying to get your style right....what about:
Abel
Sampson
Caspian
Jude
Lysander
Quinn
Seth
Noam
Zain

Grufallosfriends Wed 04-Sep-19 08:11:12

I like Dylan, Torben and Quentin (spelled lime this!)

Rudy is awful, sounds like something rude shock

Grufallosfriends Wed 04-Sep-19 08:13:10

But. As a previous poster said, you can't have Dylan William- he'll become Dilly Willy!

Chocolatedaim Wed 04-Sep-19 08:15:17

I like Dylan the most.
Can I suggest Noel, Lucian?

devilishlygood Wed 04-Sep-19 08:21:26

Thanks all. Dylan is probably in brackets, because of all the Ls that William and our surname throw up. It sounds a bit like a tongue twister. But I have loved the name a long time.

Quinton isn’t a pregnancy hormone inclusion!

Thanks @AverageMummy, your list has a few names that DH will include on his. I suspect Rickon and Blake will be on his too, but I know he likes Jude and Seth.

Not expecting much love for my babes on conservative MN, but I do get a lot of positivity IRL, amongst my circle 😊

Thanks for your time.

Pinkstulips Wed 04-Sep-19 08:29:55

I really like Torben. I also like Quinton but also prefer Quentin. I also like the nickname Quinn a lot!

I'm not at all keen on Rudy.

user1493494961 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:32:43

I don't actually like any of them but prefer them to Rickton and Blake.

devilishlygood Wed 04-Sep-19 08:35:00

William would absolutely not be a first name, mostly because every other kid is called William where I live, but also because it’s my dad’s and FIL’s name, and because DH has a kid already called Liam, and the mother would make a scene about the use of a name too close to her son’s...

Sunflower160 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:35:19

Asher William has a really nice ring to it. I agree that Dylan William is a bit too tongue twistery

MissHenty Wed 04-Sep-19 08:39:13

I don’t really understand why people get so concerned if a middle name works with a first name. My own middle name is hardly ever used so it’s never been a factor if the two names “fit” together. How rare will it be that the full name is ever said?

William will hardlywver get mentioned so don’t pick a first name (which will be used all day every day) based off William!

Anyway Rudi/Rudy is such a cool name. Go for that.

MissHenty Wed 04-Sep-19 08:41:20

Ps. I was with my husband for years before I even knew what his middle name was! The idea that a parent might pick a first name based on a pre-determined middle name is just madness to me

Icantthinkofanynewnames Wed 04-Sep-19 08:50:44

Rudy is by far my favorite - it’s amazing!! One of my favorite names. Don’t think it’s cutesy at all!

Icantthinkofanynewnames Wed 04-Sep-19 08:52:22

I hate Quinton - and Torben isn’t great either. Quinton sounds VERY wet and mousey. Torben sounds made up. The others are nice but Rudy is by far the best.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »